Group Leader
@Askun
Don't get discouraged dude; practice makes perfect. There's lots of scanlation tutorials available online as others have pointed out, and some more established groups are even willing to guide you through the process. Joining another one of the many scanlation group who's looking for a translator is also an option, given they also have a proofreader/editor to make any changes/fixes and willing to take up another project.

A good start would be using Wild Words which is pretty much the golden standard, with that site also having other variations of that font like italic, bold version...etc, among other useful fonts.

I wouldn't stress too much about it...I've seen much much worse out there, from many other individuals who have been at this much longer.
@TheDefend
Any1 remember this guy? XD
Pepperidge Farm Remembers. One of many examples I was referring to. Setting aside his stance on outsourcing help from the community after making a release rather than do what conventional groups would do, I still wonder why he doesn't get a dedicated redrawer/cleaner and typesetter after doing it for so long.

@Askun It's way harder to provide a bad translation than to make none at all. Frankly, you're already 90% there. You clearly understand the Japanese. What you need is someone to read your translation and fix it up, someone who's a native English speaker that can regularly reach back to you and ask questions. So don't be discouraged! You've done a damn good job for someone working solo. And if you ever feel like the people telling you it's bad is getting to you, just remember this: you made something. It's easy for people to criticize from the peanut gallery. It's a totally different story to actually get to work. So kudos for a first go, and I encourage you to keep trying.

@Askun i hope you dont quit translating because there are people dislike your works. just take the good critics and dont mind the insult. thanks for translating this

All in all not terrible, got the jist of what’s going on so thanks for the translation! Keep at it and you’ll improve in no time at all.

Fed-Kun's army
It hurt my eyes to read this. Having said that, it took courage to do what you did, so good job there.

Maybe after this get a grammarian or proofreader and iron out the English, and you're golden. Doesn't have to be native-speaker level, but enough so that people can enjoy the story without doing mental linguistic gymnastics.

So, keep it up.

I'm glad there's someone translating this manga currently, but there are a few problems. The font should probably be changed to make it easier on the eyes, and there should also probably be a proof reader for this series to fix the grammatical errors and multiple stray capital letters. I'm just saying... I'd be down to proofread ?‍♀️?‍♀️DM me babe. I got you ?

Group Leader
Thank you very much, Askun, your first try was not bad, you need to polish your english a little more and you'll be better as you are practicing more.

Ignore the haters, they will never do anything but whining and bitching about stuff they did not pay for and will never even try to do.

Dex-chan lover
The translation may have been rough, but it was still easy enough to follow the dialogue. I'm just happy someone put up a new chapter. Keep up the hard work!

Fed-Kun's army
lol so many comments, but well, it was kinda painful to read even tho I'm not a native speaker.

Group Leader
Nope, I can't.
I even started to re-edit this chapter, redo the typesetting and proofread it to make it readable, but nope.

There are whole sections that are incomprehensible... and when I tried to check the original meaning from the raws with google translate and jisho, I get something that has almost nothing to do with the translated version.

So I won't continue my foolish quest to try to make sense of this chapter.
I will wait for the LH version.

Users who are viewing this thread