Dex-chan lover
@askun thanks for translating this... keep it up...

it is true that the translation is hard to understand but it is not "impossible" to understand... if someone could help you with proofreading( dont know what proofreading is but most people suggesting it) then your work will be great...

also, it would be better if you changed the fonds...

@Wolvenworks that is because they didn't drop it it isn't even 2 full months since the last chapter they released and i am sure if they had a translator that wanted to translate this it would get one faster

@Ironclad
what are you talking about? they can leave.. It's just that they can only leave via the way they came from, the dungeon. In fact later on, the 2 leave together back out the dungeon. The MC can go out to his world, but i have not seen him come out of the steel door.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it was pretty rough and I had to proof read in my mind, but the translation was understandable. It still got the main idea of each conversation across relatively well, and there was no point where I was completely clueless. I think with some more experience @Askun will be doing really well.

English is not my primary language so I always when I read manga I try to "think" in English or translate automatically everything in my head to Spanish/Catalonian, so with this chapter I had to translate from Broken English > English > Spanish, it was fun and entertaining ?

But, the change in the font irked me more than the broken english, tbh.

Aggregator gang
Independent of translation, this is also an issue
unknown.png

When people are talking about translation/manga quallity then i always write a quote from Imperfect Scans (they are working on Ruler of the Land series) " A Crisp perfect scan is wrong! If you want a perfect work, buy the manhwa!

I think that the scanlation groups are going in the wrong way - they are trying to make the series they are releasing to perfect...And people reading them got spoiled and now are always demanding typesetters, proofreaders, redrawers, perfect scanning quality....Its really wrong! I just want to know what's happening in a chapter cause i don't know japanese and that's all. When i manga is available in your language the buy it and till then we should just read raw quality materials...It would be safer for all the manga sites cause they wouldn't be a real threat for the official publishers...

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Senzu15 You might be satisfied with a barely readable translation, plenty of us aren't. The vast majority of manga will never get an official English release, that's not an excuse to deliberately release poor scanlations.

@GruntZone360

I know what you mean, but as CelticMutt wrote "It was pretty rough and I had to proof read in my mind, but the translation was understandable" ...

So we, that don't know japanese still know what's happening...That is the most important thing for me.Of course it's nice to have better scans and quality but now the community is to demanding on that part... The official publishers are for giving us quality.

@BraveDude8

Of course i also prefer more legit english version, but if it's not possible for the translation team to release a better version, cause of various reasons (lack of proofreaders etx), then i prefer to read such a version then not to read it at all..... For example I would gladly read a "barely readable translation," of Go Tenba Cheerleaders in english just to know what happened.https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13214 I

@Senzu15

Of course i also prefer more legit english version, but if it's not possible for the translation team to release a better version, cause of various reasons (lack of proofreaders etx), then i prefer to read such a version then not to read it at all.....
If a group is lacking in a position (such as proofreaders) then they should just hold off releasing it until they fill the vacancy. There's no reason to do a half-assed job when it can be done better.

I can understand that many people prefer to read quality scans, and that the experience seems better when a translation offers proper spelling/grammar without loss of context. However, I would never go so far as to say that a scanlator shouldn't release their content because of quality concerns. It's not as though this is a paid service; if the quality isn't to your liking, then no one's forcing you to read it.

This is where constructive criticism comes into play. We should be encouraging of those who are giving up nights or weekends to provide manga or anime to the masses, rather than tearing them down. Otherwise, the web will see less and less of these content creators. If nothing else, it sets the stage for further refinement or motivates others to help with the process (see half the comments below).

As someone who cannot read or write in any Asian languages, thank you to scanlators and scanlation groups for what you do.

translation is not that bad like ppl say
i have seen way way more horrible translation like saki chapters translated from chinese raws where ever names were translated and probably using google or something similar making that completely unreadable. and getting some1 too proofread it will greatly fix things like it happens with last chapters with maou no hajimekata some time ago, while now quality still better then non proofreaded version

it's clear that the translator understands the Japanese, but their level of English is abysmal. the translator needs to get an editor or something. it'd just be a waste of time and effort to make a scanlation that can't be understood because of the poor level of English used.

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually really surprised at this comment community; not the difference in a opinion nor the repetition of opinion, (personally think most of those were just the result of people just dropping a comment without reading the rest of the comments). What I am interested in is, that no one has started to insult each other. Sure the pro-better translation are irritated at the translation and the supportive group is endeavouring to comfort the translator from the criticism.

(Personally in the support group, cause this is an unexperienced attempt at a translation + I feel that this was a solo chapter. So he can't just put up a recuiting page on a manga he has translated, uploading on a dead or delayed manga is also the fastest way of gaining attention as evident by the two people offering to typeset and proofread.)

Either the way I hope the translator won't get discouraged and practise more with his new supporters. Besides nobody became a master translator in a day and this is volunteer work - if you are upset with the work; help him out so he can produce better quality work.

@askun - Good luck with your future translation.

Aggregator gang
Oh boy, here we go again

@LoliMamoritai
Any1 remember this guy? XD

@Askun
Here ya go. Care package
https://www.insidescanlation.com/etc/the-idiots-guide-to-editing-manga/guide/main
This one has basic font package

Www.grammarly.com
This one just for helping with proofing text and general grammar structure

Users who are viewing this thread