@minazukicuumi ? you're a sensitive gurl. ' negative comment' you means reddit right.. I saw some of them complained for awkward words or something.. they talk as if they paying.. whynot they Buy the official release instead talk shit about people effort.. I hope the translator didn't see their rude comment.. tho

The translation does feel awkward at times, but it is far from being bad or unreadable. And if you want to get better at something, you have to keep practising, "you're bad at this so you should stop" is a really shitty argument.

Okay, okay. I do get the encouragemet we are giving, and I also want to read this as much as the next fellow. In this short time it has become one of my most favourite manga and I always look forward to reading it, even if the translation is, indeed, quite bad. Not bad to the point where it hurts, and it's not machine translation either, but bad nonetheless.
What I want to say is that a person doing a bad job should not be encouraged to keep doing a bad job. If people are telling you that your choice of word is wrong, maybe it's actually a thing you should work on. Yes, of course we are not paying for this and thus we shouldn't have any right to complain about it ... Well, that's not how it works. If you are uploading it, you are taking some credit of it, even if no money. And if you take any credit from something, you are responsible of it's quality.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not telling you to drop this or stop translating. I'm telling you to get better at it. You are obviously not a native speaker, or if you are you have not read all that much literature. And that would be my advice: read Conan Doyle, read Clarke, read anything written in English, read a lot.

Fed-Kun's army
Noooo please dont drop this story!
Why you all are so sensitive to few haters comments but your our support fall deaf ? Why you want to give up when you have so many supporters. This is not fair.

(PS: dropping this series at this cliffhanger - you have no mercy for readers :p )

Dex-chan lover
dont listen to the elitist fuckers, a bunch of ppl enjoy your work

Bad reviews are a fact of life. So are good ones. If you enjoy doing the series, please continue. I certainly enjoy reading it :)

Dex-chan lover
honestly I'm amazed at how often bad translations or awkward phrasing escapes my notice. I guess it's from those times years ago when I would get so impatient waiting for chapters of the Kumoko or Shieldbro novels that I'd read hundreds of chapters ahead on google translate. Something must have broke in me then.

Double-page supporter
I love this manga and I'm really grateful if there's someone who's offering to bring us more of it, especially when there's a cliffhanger like this one! o.o I agree, the translation is not always perfect and it gets hard to understand sometimes, but I'm not a native English speaker either, and I can't read a word of Japanese, so I can't really talk: being mean to someone who's working for free is just rude and stupid, so if none of those people plan to do anything but complain, and you like doing it, please keep translating this! Practice makes perfect after all :)

Who tf...

I think it’s fine, I love this series and a few weird word choices is not going to stop me from reading it. I didn’t even notice lol

Who is this kid though? Honestly lmaooo I just wanna talk

Um ? i hope the way i made my comment before didn't appear to be me disliking the chapter or the translator group as i love the series and give thanks to Miss Mystery and the rest of the group, as my comment before was about what was happening in the story itself and not complaining, so to my surprise when i got up to check the comments to see this misunderstanding from the top three comments i think,? turn into something besides the discussion of the current chapter.

I hope the scanlator(s?) do what they want to do. And not what others want them to do...
If someone else who is better is asking to take over... sure! Why not?
But "Stopping just so that maybe someone else who can do it better might do it instead of you..... if they feel like it, that is." is not a valid reason to make you stop doing the things that you want to do or the things you enjoy.

To add my support, this series is certainly a gem among the rough, and I sincerely appreciate that you're working on it so we may all partake of it.
And while it's true to some small degree that your grammar is off I would like to tell you as a native english speaker living in an english speaking country that your ability to form a coherent sentence in english still far outstrips those of many of the people I know.

@MissMystery94 @minazukicuumi @Xiadenmyth

Don't stop what you're doing just because some people don't like how you're doing it. If they don't like your work, they don't have to read it. I'd rather have you working on it than no one at all.

I was born and raised in the US. I speak fluent English, but as @Stonewalled said, some English speaking people can't form a thought, or put together a complete sentence. English may not be your native language, but it's not so bad that I can't understand what's going on in the story. So, keep going. If someone steps up that can do a better job, then let them have the manga. Until then, keep on keeping on.

Literally made an account just to make a comment on this.
I LOVE this manga.
I LOVE what you are doing.
I'm a normal 19 year old female and have never yelled *NO!* 2am in the morning. You just proved me wrong

who were sending you bad comments?! this is such a cute story and i have not felt that there were any mistakes. you're doing an amazing job! and if people say others, tell them to do better.

Users who are viewing this thread