Dex-chan lover
It's not everyday, you'd see a master class fighter using a notorious cop killing murderer as nothing more than a warm-up exercise.

Dex-chan lover
You saying that the beastly warrior from the mountains that took on the greatest military in the world couldn't just beat the shit out of a bear like it was nothing?

Tsk tsk. I bet the excuse will be "this flashback is from when he was younger".

@MangaField
This manga wasn't good guys vs bad guys to begin with.
It was about a tournament. The fights. The corporate meddling. If the only reason you read it is who wins, you should probably stop.

Dex-chan lover
@Vlad_the_Implyer

Buddy, I‘ve read the manga since the beginning. Trust me, I know why I read it. Doesn‘t mean that I should ignore the flaws in storytelling, that the mangaka has. What are you even talking about? Every story is about conflict. But the only conflict remaining in this story is the infiltration of the island, that hasn‘t been mentioned anymore in ages (=bad storytelling) and Ohma vs. Setsuna. But Setsuna was already beaten, which lessens the hype and danger he poses. Their duel has become uninteresting (=bad storytelling).

And now, the only remaining fighters are good guys (yes, that includes Muteba, who was clearly portrayed as a good guy in the fight against the wrestler). It‘s uninteresting. I don‘t care for a Rei vs. Kuroki fight or a Ohma vs. Wakatsuki fight, because they are all good people. There is nothing at stake except the tournament.

And that is simply not enough for a great story.

Dex-chan lover
@MangaField
Then you came to the wrong manga buddy. This was never about Good Guy versus bad guy. This series was never trying to display deep and complex conflicts. It was always about people fighting to be the strongest or for their own personal gain. You just deliberately ignored that fact.

The infiltration storyline was literally brought up right after the defeat of Saw Pang. Hasn‘t been mentioned anymore in ages my ass.

Muteba isn't a good guy you idiot. Just because a character respects the fighting Spirit of another doesn't change the fact that they kill people for a living and enjoy it. It just means that there's more to them than just being freaking killers.

If you're foolish enough to believe that Setsuna is just gonna walk away than you haven't been paying attention to this guy's character at all.

Just because this story went for a simple tournament plot line doesn't suddenly make it bad. Seeing as how tons of people have been enjoying it to this day only further proves that.

Dex-chan lover
@MangaField
Yeah because anytime someone disagrees with you it must be their fault. Not like anything you said was completely inaccurate to the Canon of the story?

Dex-chan lover
@0takuDragonSlayer

Why do you assume something about me when you don‘t know me at all? You simply missed all of my points.
And you called me an idiot, which usually isn‘t the sign of someone who has strong arguments.

your points all lead to the idea that a conflict between good & evil was ever what this was about or needed in the first place

Dex-chan lover
You know he's next level when he uses a serial killer to do his warmup.

Users who are viewing this thread