Dex-chan lover
Ok I was just marveling at cat-chans cute open mouth expression and how great everything was and THE VERY NEXT PAGE it hits me with an emotional hydrogen bomb.

Dex-chan lover
@RoryMercury mighty and superior, you talk like I'm belittling them or insulting their opinions... I'm just saying, all the clues are there if you pay attention, which is why they start the chapter explaining again her story in case people forgot... And I did explain, and many people did, maybe if they read the comments they would understand before saying "What's wrong with the kid?!"

@421cookies but that's exactly what it is though. Rei just has a sudden revelation that she's getting attached to Komi, prompted by noticing she just addressed her with big sister attached to her name. And the opening page asserts that Rei is a child who chooses not to communicate because she's internalized relationships and attachments as emotional threats and dangers to herself. She's just now noticed how much she's let her guard down and how much danger she's put herself in according to her own metrics. She's similar to Shousuke in that they both voluntarily choose not to communicate with others, but their reasons are for completely opposite reasons: Shousuke can do everything on his own flawlessly and sees it as unnecessary; Rei avoids it as a means of protecting herself from pain due to a life of constant separation from her relationships.

Dex-chan lover
Tadano finds her crying. He and Komi calm her down. They take it to Komi's house. Komi and Tadano look at each other with the loli sleeping between them.

Double-page supporter
What the fuck. I feel like there's some translation errors or nuances missed here.

Anyways, this should go back to a Tadano x Komi focus, far more entertaining.

Dex-chan lover
And that's it, the firs objective BAD moment in this manga.
Nothing is perfect indeed.

Dex-chan lover
At first I felt sad that I didn't get a double cat-eared POMPH!
Then Pikachu died.
Then Rei-chan's attachment/abandonment issues surfaced & she fled from Shoku onee-san.

Now I'm probably experiencing the same feels as Komi-san.

Light up the Tadano signal, we need an average super-hero here.

oh noooOOO!!

... I'm already anticipating that the pay-off to this will be really good, though.

Poor Rei-chan... getting close to so many people and then being ripped away from them must have taken it's toll on her poor heart :(

This drama is sudden, but I'm sure it'll pay off. The author of Komi-san isn't someone who would make up drama for no good reason

Feelings aren't always logical

Users who are viewing this thread