Contributor
She's going to handle it alone, but Tadano is going to appear with another Pika*hu. We all know that.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao. Everyone hating on Rei and complaining about "drama" havent been paying attention to the core themes of the series behind the fluffy romance bits; and also apparently dont give a damn about Komi getting character development. You may as well drop this now and go read some other fluffy moments manga with no substance.

As for me, I hope Komi is able to resolve this mostly on her own, maybe with a push in the right direction from Tadano. It would really show her growth and would make this whole arc wrap up very nicely.

Also just adopt the damn kid already lol

The pace is too fast trying too hide the underlying context of what rei is thinking, don't she have patience? dammit.
They have 4 ingredients so supposedly, tofu would be last to be bought and that girl just had a breakdown when they bought the (meat?) first, wtf

Dex-chan lover
@StarixCrown it was explained basically on the first page, she's developed a phobia of farewells and losing people she may have liked or made friends with. Which has happened enough times to make her try to avoid it desperately, but as a kid she finds it hard to do so, yet the trigger for her pushing people away is when she feels happy with others by the looks of it.

No wonder Rei doesn't want to get attached to komi. If you think about it, she's only staying for a while. Eventually she will've to say goodbye to komi too

Dex-chan lover
Just to let my opinion registered here: yes, forced drama.
The way the scene happened wasn't good, it was exaggerated. Even if you say that you understand, that it was being build up, it came too fast and too extreme.
For me the purpose was to shock the reader, thus "forced drama".

I think because she looks at komi tremble, she thinks komi fear her like her classmate

Supporter
@Serenata *applause*

~~~~~

Yes, it's unexpected and painful for Rei to reject Komi-san without warning. That's real life for you -- sometimes we get an inkling of how other people truly feel (vs what they communicate to us), but we never get voiceovers showing us the other person's thoughts.

(Unless there's actually some cheat code for this. If anyone knows how to get one, please let me know. ?)

It's completely natural for us to want to understand everything about the matters we care about. But it's also completely natural to wander around half-blind to other people's feelings, and for people with different vulnerabilities to bump into each other and need time to figure each other out... with at least few hurt feelings and misunderstandings along the way.

I'm surprised at how few people read between the lines. This didn't come out of nowhere. Rei has been pushing everyone away since the beginning. Her calling Komi "onee" was the trigger that made her realize how close they had grown. And she's afraid of making friends and then having to say goodbye. It wasn't forced drama. This was likely planned from Rei's character introduction as the purpose of the arc to show Komi's development as a character. Really well done in my opinion.

To people thinking this is an over-reaction. This is a child with pent up abandonment issues, having to leave friends and family multiple times over. The emotional harm that it does to a person, when you pour your heart to make connections and so quickly see it be lost and thrown away. It takes its toll over many iterations an it becomes safer to just seal your heart away to protect what little you have left of yourself. To tell your-self that you prefer to be alone and not make connections because it saves you the harm of losing again. And when you begin to feel safe to open your heart again to someone, only to see it being abandoned like all the rest. You have to shut it tight as fast as possible, to save what little heart you have for yourself.

I know this. Not in its exactness but the feelings all the same.

Dex-chan lover
i wasnt ready for the feels today, this gonna be a long wait till next chapter wont it? :(

Dex-chan lover
As much as I want Tadano to come and help, I still want Komi to be the one to do this all by herself.
This manga had been directionless for so long and I want some character development for Komi.

man, the amount of people who completely missed the point is staggering.

@Xenthorn it's not even reading between the lines, the first page literally gave enough context.

Dex-chan lover
I really got the feels on this one.

Getting a sudden realization that you will soon get back to your lonely life away from your new friend, your parents and old friends.... must have hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread