Contributor
@Aretheus

Whatever fuck it, dropped. I'm so sick of bad isekai stories when there are so many good isekai web novel's left unadapted.

Then i guess it's ok, because this is NOT A ISEKAI . It's just fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
now this is interesting, does he got HP every time he saves someone?

@Siquall

I can see why he said that though because that is such a common theme with every Isekai but Freudian slip aside he does have a good point that it's annoying that the main premise of a series gets undermined not even 2-3 chapters into the series.

You know... it wasnt stated that the problem was already taken care. It could have been a life infusion, which will give him just a pump up and nothing more. I think you all are just jumping the gun

Fed-Kun's army
@JohnnyC
On the other hand however it poems up the possibility for a new plot. If like @MagiciansBlack soem others assumed the illness was a curse of some sorts and he just now healed himself that would mean that somebody had to curse him. He contracted the "illness" a year or two ago if I remember it rightly so the most likely culprit would be the sage. I don't really think it's going to be the focus but at some time he will save the hero and the healer. Those two others give me rapey feeling

Aggregator gang
@Siquall
@GuardianCraze

Whoops teehee. Not that it matters. All of these derivative Japanese fantasy stories start blurring in my mind over time. And you can't try and tell me that this manga doesn't appeal to the exact same set of readers that the isekai genre does.

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus

He wouldn't have been able to train new adventurers for several reasons.

1) He wasn't an adventurer anymore, they revoked his license.
2) Noone would've listened to him
3) Him using skills to demonstrate would've slowly killed him.

Dex-chan lover
For a second, 1.2 to be precise, I thought this mango was going to show us a wise protagonist that will have use his head to get out of any situation that happens by being with that girl. And after a while, he would die protecting her. Like a surrogate father, knowing she will be alright because she became someone able to take care of herself. Heck even that child hero(who obviously looks up to the old man and was really hurt seeing him in that state) could be the one to help the girl escape while MC died using his most powerful skill to kill whatever threat.

Oh well...following.

Dex-chan lover
sooo... he got 'curse' too? since the 'curse/hex' has variety of it...
since he using spell 'dispel curse/hex' probably its curing him as well?

i love how people are utterly ignoring that this guy was willing to DIE to undo the curse on a random person he has no idea who....all they do is complain that it undos the premise. but if any of you read real old stories, like the Soldier and Death. would know that doing a good deed for a random stranger usually is good thing and will get some form of blessing..oh wait it did in this story too

Aggregator gang
@Robbini He's about to get a little fenrir girl. That's who will listen to him. But now, he's back in his prime with a little fenrir girl too. You can't give the protagonist non-stop good fortune just because you establish a tragic backstory. That's not how storytelling works. Just look at the highly-regarded web novel "My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending". Harold's story is compelling because he's always moving from struggle to struggle. Always facing forward with conviction in spite of fate spitting in his face at every turn. That was what this story was building up to but now there's no more struggle because he's strong again. There simply isn't a way to defend the author doing something like this.

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus

You missed out on something in this chapter. That's a cursed being. It's not a fenrir to begin with, she's been transformed into a fenrir by a curse. She's actually a human girl.
And instead of similar to Harold's story, it becomes one of those 'Strong people find and adopt young girls and then don't want to do anything else because they want to spend time with her, so everyone else can go bugger off'

Users who are viewing this thread