@Mindbulletz
A winning mindset is about as much of a cliche as reality is. If you don't think you can win, then you blatantly aren't going to win.
Adjest has never been shown to be an emotionally insecure person, that's Romantica. So her thoughts that she was going to win are perfectly normal.

Also she was never weak. We've literally seen this power out of Adjest against Desir. Once during the first 6-7 chapters where she unleashed that huge ice spell he couldn't analyze. And again in the 2nd shadow world where she empowered her blade like she's done here, which was a magic Desir couldn't analyze.

In both scenarios, Desir didn't even attempt to defend against the attacks, because he knew he stood no chance at that.

Adjest isn't "weak". She's never been portrayed as weak. Both of her losses were due to technicalities of the shadow world, in an actual 1v1 battle with Desir he'd lose every single time in his current state.

And in this battle here, she only showed weakness for a few moments. Underestimating her opponent, and not using all of her power to crush him immediately.

If anything, the actual cliche is her underestimating her opponent. Not her "powering up" by literally using a technique we were all shown she had before.

And this isn't even getting into the fact that for the final attack, the enemy didn't understand what was happening. He literally says, and I quote "What the hell is that"? While thinking "She imbued magic to her sword...?". It wasn't just her "powering up", he didn't understand the nature of her attack and was caught off guard by it.

@Olfyz

Not really. A butler (Whom you don't know outside of the fact he makes tea) and a guard (Who has no reputation, as was shown in previous chapters) magically knows exactly when an attack was going to occur.

This could easily be seen as an infiltration attempt. And it's one made even more suspicious by the fact Desir was already trying to pry information out of the Lord. I.E. help the Lord with paper work.

You might go "But they saved their asses". Yeah, a trojan horse tactic is totally unheard of.

If anything, the fact that they're restrained shows that the Lord is taking the issue very seriously, and in a thoughtful manner. I mean, they literally just beat a group of estebans by themselves, so clearly having them unrestrained is highly dangerous.

@TheOneWhoSighs it pisses me off when people have no idea what they're talking about and say "sudden powerup" or "love and friendship" cliche. Like god did you forget literally everything that happened before this fight?

Dex-chan lover
imagine if Darkness weren't such a crippling masochist, she'd be something like this

Aggregator gang
ok, for one thing, so many comments hoping she's dead cause they think she's a bad person, she's not and she's not, she just literally used up the last of her strength and passed out next to the invader's corpse, and while she started out arrogant-ish, she recognizes true strength and changed her views accordingly, and if I remember correctly she was a good person in the future gone wrong intro too
and for two, that's actually a fairly realistic response from the lord towards a few strangers who thwarted a small scale army invasion that the other guards assumed wasn't coming at all, especially since said enemies spontaneously changed tactics timing AND location as compared to their normal prior yearly attacks

Guys she is not dead... She just has no mana left...
10 chapters Before you were like "omg I love Adjest Best waifu ever I hope Desir x Adjest" and now you claim that your wish she is dead... Wtf

@TheOneWhoSighs If you want to look at the situation in detail, she shouldn't have spent more than one received blow not fighting seriously. The whole thing played out like her power was artificially reduced to add tension. Then at the end she acts like she had forgotten how strong she was all along and only just then remembered. Hence the original cliche. It makes no sense that she didn't have that "winning mindset" throughout the entire fight.

Dex-chan lover
@firosahoge
Real shadow worlds like this ones aren't simulations, they are literally alternate versions of world. Desir stated it multiple times since ch1 that millions of people died in and to them. It's not like, let's say, World Trigger when you just bail out from the battle. You die here and it's over.
And about that chestplate - I think it fell off because it didn't have any more mana to operate? Either that or it was shitty af armour that only looked good (bar the heels)
But yeah, ADJEST BEST WAIFU
tied with Pram tho'

@Mindbulletz

She got caught off guard for most of that.

At the end of the day, all I've got left to say is: If this fight is cliche to you, I don't see how any of you manage to read a series that isn't One Punch Man.

If it's not literally Saitama one shotting every enemy, I don't see how you can enjoy any fight. Because otherwise you're always going to be able to find some dumb little thing to whine about.
"The character didn't use their full power immediately", "the character was caught off guard", "the character didn't give up", "the character did give up!"

There's valid criticism you can throw at a story, and then there's just vapid non-sense that could be used as "criticism" for literally every story in existence.

Dex-chan lover
@BananowyJE okay was just making sure. Adjest nearly died so quickly. If she didn't practice with Desir she would have died because she wouldn't have mastered grease and her magic sword yet.

@TheOneWhoSighs Desir not only saves this lord ass but also the town people.
Straitjacket is too much for a suspicious person.
You cannot treat someone as a criminal before having strong evidence to prove they are dangerous.

@TheOneWhoSighs Just because you refuse to see the inconsistencies and keep brown nosing the series doesn't mean I'm not allowed to get any enjoyment out of it while seeing it for what it is.

Is the lord in the shadow world more sinister than the pig professor in the school?

If a first year commoner student did things no noble professors know how to do, the first year student must be a foreign spy, or some powerful Outsider in heavy disguise. Given the lord trusted the butler much more than how the professor trust Desir, and still the lord treated Desir much worse than the professor, the pig professor must be very kind hearted since he did not put Desir under question when Desir is acting much more suspeciously in school.

So the author has a double standard on the nice NPC lord, and that is terrible writing.

Users who are viewing this thread