5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 10 Ch. 79 - Sisters’ War - Second Battle

Dex-chan lover
@Assburger
im being facetious
8a8.gif

Rereading ch. 75 i thinked Negi could have given a big spoiler.
In Yotsuba's cranes we see Itsuki's grade 68. Maybe could means in ch. 68 fake Itsuki is Yotsuba???

Am I the only one who thinks this chapter felt really off? It feels like all 4 characters had a massive personality change just to fit a bunch of plot points into one chapter.

@Dael

IMO, it seems that Itsuki is banking on Fuutarou still having feelings for his childhood first love, but he's having none of it which I find refreshing AF in this genre.

Aggregator gang
not gonna be surprised if yotsuba misunderstands that fuutarou's first love is their mom 😂

Double-page supporter
Itsuki:
"Fufufu... good try Nino, but I have the CHILDHOOD FRIEND card! Just wait to see how surprised he will be to see 'Rena' again!"
"Okay... that was a disappointing reaction... but once he finds out that 'Rena' is one of us, his mind will be blown."
"...uhm, at least I don't need to make him believe that I am one of the Quints. But look at how his gears will start turning when I challenge him!"
"... WHAT IS GOING ON?! THIS IS NOT AT ALL LIKE IN THE MANGA I READ! I AM THE FIRST GIRL! I AM HIS FIRST LOVE! WHY DOESN'T HE CARE ABOUT ME ANYMORE?!"

Funnily enough, this is a grave that Itsuki dug for herself. It was her own words that motivated him to let go of Rena and, true enough, he did not even think back on Rena since he decided to let go of her.

In any case, this chapter shows why Itsuki's victory is far from assured: Negi loves to subvert tropes. Not to mention that he actually has a reason not to let the First Girl win (First girl usually wins because for most, but not all, stories it is the most efficient trope, not because it is some mystical rule).

@Nayrael I don't know about most efficient, but certainly "First Girl" is a trope that is easy to drop the ball for and a good number of people will take, be it that they like it or gripe about it. There has been times where "First Girl" did feel like a rule that bent the story in their favour, so as you say, Negi-sensei is doing us a favour by seemingly subverting it by disarming the mysticism that being First Girl tends to imply in most other series. I myself am not fond of those who preach their favour to a character (in this case, heroine) because of single tropes like "First Girl." But other's preferences are not to be bothered with, just the dissatisfaction of tropes-by-name (and not their execution) being treated as a trophy.

But as some have said, Itsuki revealing herself to us that she is at least present Rena seems less like a special secret shown to us, but an odd, over-confident and out-of-place reveal that makes Itsuki rather earnest when she had shown little to none of that before. I don't know what Negi-sensei intends by having her seemingly join the race now... but yea, I'll eat my crackers as the School Trip arc unfolds.

Fuck! I Caught up.

We had the first cover, then a cover for each sister, now we’re going through a cover for each bride... so can we safely assume that the series can’t end until we at least get to vol. 11?

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling this "Rena" is a different Rena from his childhood. While I do think Itsuki is a compelling choice to be the original girl, I think a lot of what she knows about Rena is because of what Fuutarou told her previously before she appeared as her. She brought some of the props I'm assuming from that period, like the canister just to complete the ensemble. The fact that he lost the canister could mean that it wasn't important to begin with, and it was just to throw our focus off on who the real Rena was.

My suspicion is that the real girl he met 5 years ago was Yotsuba. She seems to have the right personality for wanting to make Fuutatou a better person, as well as the energy and overall friendliness.

Its probably a long shot from the actual truth, but I'm just placing my two cents since Yotsuba has yet to get her own arc with Fuutarou. I doubt Negi-Sensei would make this a quintuplet romance and single out one girl as not interested. While I am part of Team Miku, I can't help but wan't Yotsuba to win in the end. She just seems like the girl Fuutarou really needs. Someone who's not pushy with love, and just wants to make them happy whether they will return the favor.

Fuutarou just called Rena off xD He also shoo'd her lmaoo

So present day Rena is indeed Itsuki. She seems to know what happened in Kyoto years ago. She might actually be the Rena in the past, but I just don't think she is. "If she wasn't, what's her goal in trying to act like she's the real Rena?," well I don't know. It's just a hunch, but I think Ichika might actually be the real Rena. I could be wrong, but aye, I'll be looking forward to finding out in the future chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Nice try, Negi-sensei...
We all know the real Rena is Ichika because she's the one who ended up becoming an actress.
Acting has always been her specialty (I know it's naive to assume this, but since this is a manga, it does not conform to realism).
It all makes sense.

Dex-chan lover
wait Yotsuba looking confused when he said that the girl from the past was named Rena makes it appear that shes the Rena from the past also when Itsuki says "i have faith you'll notice" it also shifts to Yotsuba but why does Itsuki want mc to remember his love for Rena and realize it was Yotsuba ? Guess she really doesnt love him and wants to push for Yotsuba maybe cus she knows Yotsuba loves himm but Yotsuba being the selfless angel she is wont try anything cuz she knows her sisters want the FuuDick? Also why is she buying risque lingerie.

Users who are viewing this thread