5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 7 Ch. 54 - Fools’ Battle

Double-page supporter
Uesugi is basically the Father of the girls. (When you hate yourself.)

Dex-chan lover
Man, Fuutarou, you can't even carry a 10 kilo bag of rice? That's around 25 pounds...DUDE, at least do some push-ups! Future post-marriage activities go better with at least a little arm strength.

Dammit, give us the Miku Valentine's arc or we riot! F

@Yautja

Oh yeah those poor abused girls.
They only have access to a driver who'll get them wherever they want, have a roof under their head, always eat their fill, get sent to school and have the liberty to get and change tutors, are free to pursue the job of their dreams, get to travel wherever they want and whenever they want, more cash than they could ever hope to spent, and more.
Shit, he even respect his daughters' resolution to pull through with Uesugi, so long as they accept that there'll be consequences should they fail, and he also overlooked the fact that Nino lied to him.

But he isn't there with them, so that's abuse huh ?

Were you born this stupid or are you doing it on purpose ?

@fodaobr22

I literally said in my very next sentence that he's far from being the best.

Agree with @Asta. Right now from the father's (and non MC's) point of view, the girls are in a self-destructive relationship with a tutor who hasn't gotten any results. We're looking at this through MC-tinted glasses here.

Aggregator gang
@Asta
So money, and absolute freedom (neglect in this case) makes things okay. Good to know pumpkin.

I dunno about me, but you have to make an effort to achieve the levels of stupidity you have.

@Yautja

My first message said that he's not as bad a father as people are making him out to be.
My second message detailed what's good about the current situation of the girls.
Which is why your message, implying that the girls are being abused, strike me as particularly stupid.

And even now, in your last message you decided to minimize everything I mentioned and pulled a straw man (When did I ever said that there was nothing wrong about the current situation ?) just to support your own argument.

I guess I should've known better than to try to argue with you huh ?

@Asta
you seem to underestimate the kind of damage that emotional neglect from parents could lead to. This isn't that kind of manga so nothing will come of it, but irl it could easily be worse. Being neglected by parents is emotional abuse.
@guardshipburan
Fuutarou has gotten some results m8, what are you on about?

Aggregator gang
@Asta
You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about. Even if it seems good, throwing money at a situation like this doesn't make it good. It makes shit worse. That kinda crap is the reason rich kids like those end up being psychopaths like that affluenza lunatic. Have a problem? Being neglected? Feel lonely and miserable? Throw money at it and watch the fire grow.

Oh so you're a hypocrite, an apologist and lying too. You're the one minimizing by literally saying he's "a pretty good father", he "respects" them (Clearly not manipulating them and setting them up to fail so either way he gets what he wants which is five little dolls to fall in line with the carrot and stick under the guise of fatherly love and compassion) and clearly implying the good outweighs the bad. If anyone is making a straw man it's you.

You should have. You're arguing from the literary equivalent of a flat earther. And not everyone is as stupid as you and willing to consume your bullshit.

@Yautja

Even if it seems good, throwing money at a situation like this doesn't make it good. It makes shit worse.

Well, for starters, I haven't said that his absence isn't a problem, something you could've realized if you actually took the time to understand what I said. I haven't said that money can replace fatherly love and attention.
Second, throwing money at what situation. Are you genuinely arguing that absent parents + money = future psychopath , and that regardless of other factors ?
We're not even close to know the full scope of their situation.
I'd understand your position if the girls were shown to be problematic kids when they were little, in which case, yeah, giving money to them and hoping the problem would go away on its own would be a bad idea. But that's not the case.

That kinda crap is the reason rich kids like those end up being psychopaths like that affluenza lunatic.

Your only point of comparison in this case in the fact they are rich and possibly have been missing a role model.
Moreover, your deduction is based on a supposition, which make for a pretty weak argument.

And again, that's not me saying that there's nothing wrong with an absent father, but boy do you blow things out of proportion.

You're the one minimizing by literally saying he's "a pretty good father"

I'm sorry, but do you have reading comprehension problems ?
I said you were dismissing my arguments by minimizing them, when the correct course of actions would be to actually address them.
Also, this sentence in itself not only is misleading, because you conveniently left out the other half of the message you were quoting, but even that aside, it doesn't make sense in itself. How can I minimize his being absent when I don't even mention it.

Clearly not manipulating them and setting them up to fail so either way he gets what he wants which is five little dolls to fall in line with the carrot and stick under the guise of fatherly love and compassion

Oh yeah, setting them up to fail by compromising and proposing them to make Fuutarou work in tandem with another tutor for more efficiency, something that even the characters themselves acknowledged to be a better plan than just trying hard with Fuutarou.
Manipulating his daughters by telling them the reasons for his proposal ?

Again, do you have reading comprehension problems ? Are you making your headcannon ? Are you perhaps mixing-up two different manga ? Are you using words that you don't understand ?
You sure are to good to make claims, but not that good to back them up, huh ?

and clearly implying the good outweighs the bad
Yes, that's what I indeed think.

If anyone is making a straw man it's you.

I'm... baffled. I don't know what to say.
Do you know what a straw man is or are you using expressions without knowing what they mean ?
Or perhaps you accidentally deleted a part of your message ?

You're arguing from the literary equivalent of a flat earther.

Welp, that came out of nowhere, like a lot of things in your message.

Aggregator gang
@Asta
You can write as much as you want. You can straw man as much as you want. Because everything you've said in your response, whether it's a claim of what I've said, or what I've intended, or what you claim or what you've said, it ends up being a blatant lie, or a simple fallacy. Your entire comment is loaded with them. I've learned that pointing out inconsistencies, fallacies and blatant lies to self important narcissists gets no where. The analogy of a boot full of water comes to mind.

At the end of they day, you said that the man who buys his kids whatever they want, solves all his problems with money, and never bothers to be in the same building, let alone room as them is a good father all things considered. You seem to think you're saying a lot more than you are, and you seem to think I'm saying a lot more than I am. You're making connections and claims that aren't there. You keep changing your opinions mid sentence. You can keep arguing from a position of unparalleled ignorance. I'd care if you actually exhibited you had a fraction of an understand of what you're talking about.

Group Leader
@Asta
Ignore him man. You made your point quiet clear and he has some problems reading.
He's no not the best father but he's more normal than it was described in the previous chapters.

@ImmortalDao Thanks.
I try to always be open to change my opinion should other present good arguments, and I always hope others have the same mindset.
But I guess there's people you just can't reason with...

@dragonite7

"Almost only counts in horseshoes, Cutman." --Proto Man

He was given a task and failed. Hell, even the characters agree that the dad's plan is probably the best one to go with.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think he's the best father figure (from MC's point of view) but considering that these girls aren't living by the street, I don't think held the worst either.

Plus I disagree. Parental neglect does not equal to abuse. Those two are two separate problems.

Users who are viewing this thread