5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 8 Ch. 66 - Scrambled Eggs ⑥

Dex-chan lover
>Mastermind Miku eliminates the competition

Hmm... I'm okay with this! Best Girl doesn't necessarily have to win fair and square.

@InvinCybul
@Furioustoast
Not this again. Trying to find similarities in the design between one of the sisters and the bride is just idiotic.
They are quintuplets. They look the same. They can grow out, cut and style their hair.
They can also pierce their ears a day before the wedding.
Besides, Ichika has one earring. The bride has two.

No, that's quite silly. First, are we supposed to assume that they are identical sisters, split from the same egg? Crazy. Assuming that they are (which they are not), then there is development, upbringing, and growth. Birth marks are not genetic, they just form randomly. So they would have different birth marks. Depending on diet, exercise, illness when young, etc. there would be other difference. Yotsuba is obviously more muscular. Itsuki is a bit "softer," Then there's sun damage, scars, and other marks. Of you could just study their noses, which would all be slightly different. Then there's grooming, voice, inflection, word choice.

That all said, I find it hard to believe that he CAN'T tell them apart yet.

I remember a pair of identical twin brothers that I could barely tell apart at age 12-13. One had a faint scar on his forehead, if you looked carefully. (Now I can't remember whether it was Duane or Keith! Keith had a very slightly thinner face, but Duane looked like that when he was tired.) We were in the same scout troop, so I saw them a lot. Still got fooled sometimes.

Apart from that, there's still the "identical quintuplets" problem. You could get five if the zygote split once, and then one of the 2 daughter cells split twice more. OR if the fertilized cell split twice (identical quadruples), and then one of the 4 daughter cells split a third time. Initially two of the embryos would be slightly smaller, from being 'behind'. Those size differences could easily be swamped from position effects in a shared uterus. OR there was an even number of daughter cells, but then one or more failed to implant.

Dex-chan lover
Page 8: Yotsuba found Ichika talking to a kid she wanted to be friends with.
Is this perhaps a reference to that?

Dex-chan lover
Wish? I will assume its the same old maintaining the status quo. But that is good in its own way.

Dex-chan lover
I couldnt find Itsuki on the meme until i remembered who she is.

Finally Ichika will stop playing bond villain and actually follow her feelings .... Thats what i thought my first readthrough.

Dex-chan lover
i love how fuutarou is ignoring the main quest and grinding perception xp while the sidequest giver is nearby. cause he knows the whole rest of the story is going to be more of this impersonation stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread