5Toubun no Hanayome

@donm527 I can't say for every chapter before or after but, i know when Fuu asked the sisters if any of them met him 5 years ago (the chapter where he tries to find out who received all 0's on their tests) Yatsuba has no suspicious reaction.

I personally would check for anything after.

@ takashiobatasan If Itsuki told her at Chapter two that would mean she knew the whole time just playing dumb. And she still was helping Miku over the other sisters and herself up to the last chapter. Gotta give her points there for selflessness there. You see in various chapters all the sisters feeling they need to be the strong one for the other sisters and love each other even though all of the manuevering for Fuutaro lol.

I think there is more than one who take the persona Rena in the past.

Yotsuba is the 1st Rena persona he met.
It is also confirmed that that Nino has taken that as well.
Maybe Itsuki also.
Miku no clue.
Nino said that he likes blonde deliquent but that might be just her preference or she didn't remember.

All of them where "rena" in the past but yotsuba was the initial one.
Yotsuba is the bride, something tells me. She was on the attack since chapter 21

1. He has so far no sexual chemistry with Yotsuba, so it would be disappointing.

2. Nothing actually matters, because this manga needs at least 30 more chapters to run till the anime season 2 premiers, otherwise that investment would be wasted. Every relationship can change completely...

Sorry, (former-)fellow Miku fans, but I'm backing Yotsuba now. I remove any partial support I have for Nino, too. I still like M & N, but I just can't see them being the winner anymore.

After reading up on some of the points of the discussion that /a/non teased, and thinking over a few instances not covered in said discussion, it is clearly most likely Yotsuba. Negi-sensei wouldn't have put those instances in if they didn't mean anything.

As much as Itsuki is likely to make that facial expression at the conclusion of the Scrambled Eggs arc, she isn't willing enough to have preformed the preceding kiss, nor is she developed in that way to do so. To break it down, Ichika and Nino are basically running their own corners. Yotsuba is backing Miku, and now we see that Itsuki is backing Yotsuba. Combining that with how things were between Fuutarou and Ituski in the early chapters and arcs of the story, as well as Negi-sensei's admission, there is zero chance that it'd ever be Itsuki.

And why would Yotsuba make such a haunted expression to go with that denial in Chapter 72 if she didn't long for it? There is so much more to her than the surface that we see, plus depending on the timeframe (I'm not going out of my way as I write this in the moment to doublecheck the timeline, busy), it's likely her meeting with Fuutarou in Kyoto made her want to be different to her sisters (and we know how that ended).

This theory is just part of my headcanon for the kisser under the bell :

- Ichika = Unlikely. Her ankle was injured so she can't run. We see the kisser was running before and after the kiss.

- Nino = A Big Nope based what she said that she will kiss him, unfortunately her act is just a bait / red herring. Think about it.. even Negi won't give us something that easy.

- Miku = Nope too. She doesn't have the guts. (she even needs her sisters supports to confess). Even if she was, she'll be out of breath, remember she's well known with her low stamina.

- Yotsuba = The most likely. She can act selfish for once (remember that she kissed his cheek before). Basically she's given up on him so she act selfish for the last time. (well what do you call it.. some pent up emotion i think? she has been in love with him for long)

- Itsuki = She doesn't like him that way yet.

So why Yotsuba is the kisser? Because everyone won't see that coming. Screencap this 😄

Note: Feel free to read if you like.

@yotsuba428... Ichika had a bruised thigh in beginning of trip, no injured ankle, but I think it’s kind of a stretch to say she couldn’t run. When Nino asked she said it didn’t hurt and no sign of any mention of issue otherwise if you want to make a reach it could be argued Fuutaro would have been able to spot the sister walking funny during the trip. After the kiss, the girl didn’t do a sprint, just tap tap tapped away.

We will have to see with Yotsubas arc but I’m leaning to Yotsuba and Itsuki not having romantic feelings for Fuutaro. Both have been supportive of all the others sisters when each found out when another sister confessed their love and not shown any conflict like Ichika has with each sister. We’ll see at end of Yotsuba arc where she stands but for now I’ll say her and itsuki as the ones that didn’t kiss Fuu. Miku I don’t think would have the confidence at the time and Nino told Ichika she will try to kiss him but don’t think so too.

Ichika told Fuu they were no longer partners when she disguised herself at Itsuki... again the partner thing between the two of them through the entire manga... but Yotsuba seeing her cry told Ichika she should be more selfish of her desires ... I think can’t discount that’s what she decided to do after talking to Yotsuba and she could the one that kissed Fuu. You mentioned pent up emotion and Ichika has that in spades lol.

Interesting note... to those that though Ichika was out because no way Fuu wouldmforgive her for the lies.... when reading the chapter again... Fuutaro told Ichika he picked group E thinking that is what Ichika would have picked. So he wanted to be in the same group as Ichika.

She tells them they were all lies.... but the tiny panels with all the sweet moments together... obviously not.

@donm527

Another reading of that scene, though, indicates that Ichika, after her actions that were undoubtedly damaging in various forms to at least three of the six main characters, knows that she is perhaps less likely to move further with Fuutarou. Granted, he applied simply to make up for what he said earlier in the arc, but it doesn't take away the fact that her actions were destructive on some scale.

@non_descript_member Do you see any lingering damage between the three sisters... no all five sisters... at the end of the chapter?? If anything they have become closer and as Fuu said the time they spent at the end whatever they discussed was between them. I think all the sisters now know Where they all stand.

Miku said she knew that she didn’t have a chance... Also basically telling Nino she didn't as as well.

If Fuu didn’t care, he wouldn’t care if they were all lies as Ichika said and move on happy to see at least that the sisters were all happy and closer at the end. to me... he seemed pretty bothered about it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread