5Toubun no Hanayome

@VICTIMGIRLS17

No harem ending. I don't really understand how people really think it when the first page of the harem starts with a wedding.

https://www.reddit.com/r/5ToubunNoHanayome/comments/b8tqaf/new_negi_sensei_interview/

Dex-chan lover
I think I could make a strong enough case that he will marry one of them but all five will live together and have romantic ties to each other.
Right now, there is little evidence to support any one choice. However, we know all five have feelings for him. They all held his hand at he snow festival, indicating they all will be destined to be with him in some shape or form. There are multiple wedding dresses so we know it's not just a one-off thing. Additionally, the Quintuplets often refer to being "five parts of a whole," and that they cover each other's faults and make themselves stronger, which indicates they will always be at each other's side. Things like who kissed Fuu at the bell, when it is known they can disguise themselves as each other indiscriminately and do so at will, are either red herring or strengthens the analogy that they're all one "functional unit" as it were. This is why he says that he's not going to choose anyONE of them, because he does love them all to an extent. The harem ending here would probably be the most solid in that sense. Granted, he will most likely marry ONE but will still cohabitate and love and care for the rest, living together, working with one another, etc. Hence the title, the five-part bride or the five-wedded brides, Indicating they will all have some role in the marriage.

If that possibly isn't going to happen, then I would consider a better writing move to leave the wedding ambiguous, with hints and aspects of it left in but nothing concrete. The mystery is better than the payoff in this situation, and any conclusion is going to be unsatisfying.

@donm527

holy shit thank you my dude. guess I was the delusional one. seriously one of the reasons I couldn't fully enjoy this manga was because I was fully expecting it to end with every girl winning. guess I'm going to read it all again from the start.
thanks again !

Fed-Kun's army
@Tamerlane
Give it up. I know it's nice to imagine the fantasy where you are the MC and 5 beautiful girls are all over you, but it's not healthy.
Let me destroy your feeble attempt at rationalizing your self-inserting fantasy.
1) You can pretend all you want that harem end needs to happen because you want to see all of them happy, but the truth is that none of them would be. No wants to be "the one of many". They want to be "the one".
The "marry one and be in a relationship with five" is even worse because it makes the bride special and the four other losers stuck in a horrible relationship.
2) They held his fingers, not his hand. Also, it was supposed to be "at the time of the bonfire" which we don't know if it was going at the time.
3) Yes, "multiple wedding dresses"! 11 to be precise. I guess Fuutarou will be in a relationship with 11 girls!
4) The "five parts of a whole" referred to them when they were kids and were identical. It was said multiple times in the manga that as they grow up and drift farther and farther away, each of them will become their own person.
5) Pretending to be each other is just a thing twins do. They're their own people and it in no way means that they have to have one partner.
6) Already explained above why the harem ending is an absolute wish-fulfillment garbage
7) You should probably check the original title before making assupmtions based on a fan translation. (The author also said that the title in japanese is bad and does poor job at conveying what the manga is about)
9) The author stated multiple times that one girl is going to win and he's ready for 4/5 of the fanbase to be upset at him

Dex-chan lover
Ehhh...I'm more trying to operate within the lines of the story and how I would think it would most satisfyingly come to an end (IE marrying on person and living with the rest, leaving the bride ambiguous, etc.)

I'm trying to avoid things like "word of god" or extra-textual evidence because of "Death of the Author" and am merely going off the information we have currently what we know from the story. I fully admit that this isn't a full understanding but a prediction based on textual evidence. No need to be so bellicose about it. This isn't me self-inserting a fantasy or trying to "imagine myself in a harem scenario," that's just a baseless assumption. Rather I'm trying to cite pieces of text and events that foreshadow my argument within the text. The closest I got was referencing the Japanese title which is most literally "five-split bride" or "quintile bride." I admit that this may refer to them all having an equally likely chance, but then my argument still stands, does it not? It may refer to them all having the same chance, in which case why make a distinction, or it may refer to them all being five-parts of a whole, which is a major running theme of the work. You seem to scoff at this idea but this is referenced repeatedly whenever the girls split.

But to address your actual points, there's definitely a case to be made citing sources that they're all going to play some major role in the marriage, and there's a lot of textual evidence to support an ending where they live together or something similar to it then not. There's much less evidence supporting each individual girl then it is the girls as a whole. Mostly because what can be said of one can broadly be said of another in terms of evidence of having a conclusive relationship.

Secondly, most of these arguments are inserting points I have not made, such as saying "there's multiple wedding dresses" vs "there's exactly 11 so he's gonna marry 11 people." I'm saying it's an interesting detail to include if nothing else and serves to support an existing argument but is not conclusive in itself, just as the big deal made of the festival finding your "loved one."

Additionally, your points seem to rely on presumptions and "word of god." I reject the idea that authorial word is the be-all and end-all of any and all discussion because of principles like "Death of the Author" and other literary principles. I don't care what the author may have said in interviews if the work seems to contradict that message, and if there's solid arguments to be made against it.

Finally, your weakest points tend to be presuming things such as "it would be even worse because everyone wants to be THE ONE!" or "pretending to be one another is just things twins do!" Without seeing things in the larger context of the work. These seem to be very much not based on anything that you can cite in text as reoccurring or thematically relevant.

I'd avoid you stop acting so vindictive and aggressive and be more attentive in your points. A well-sourced and well-constructed argument is going to be much more operational here than needlessly trying to blow me off by saying that I somehow want to live my fantasies through MC-kun (which is not my intention and nor have I ever claimed so.) It seems you have more issue with the fact the argument is being made in the first place then the argument itself, and it seems childish and simplistic to reject the idea entirely. Granted I could have gone through the additional evidence to cite chapters and specific passages that seem to support my claim, but there's a limit to how much you can do in a given amount of time on some internet forum for nerds like us. This is just one theory of a possible chain of events. I would actually prefer an ambiguous ending with little hints and touches because I think the wedding is irrelevant compared to the development of the characters and their interactions with one another, but I know that's unlikely, so I tried to see what the most likely ending was given the information I had available at time of writing.
@InvinCybul

Group Leader
I love how this series' fan always go 'smartass' mode and write bunch of wall of text to defend their waifu in who-will-get-fuu's-dick war lmao. Man, it's just a fiction and you do realize this series is pretty much self-insert, don't ya?
#WhoisgoingtogetMC'sdickTHESERIES

Obviously it's going to be revealed that there was a crazy magical event when the quints were born, and they're all 1/5 of an actual person. Fuu-kun will learn this, and using his galaxy brain he will combine them all into the perfect woman: Ichnikustubski, the one true goddess that will unite all nations under her divine glow.

Group Leader
what the fuck is a "whit"?

/a/non please don't use weird local slang that noone outside the UK will understand, majority of english speakers in the world use standard american english.

Group Leader
@dreadvirus do you not notice the obnoxious korean watermark that the spanish group had to cover up?
they get it out fast because they steal translations from the /r/5toubun discord who in turn steals it from 4chan.
then they paste them onto the low quality korean scans instead of waiting for the japanese digital scans.

/a/non and dropout at least have the courtesy to wait and give us the better product.

Double-page supporter
I'd probably actually like Nino if she actually ever apologizes for her previous behavior, otherwise unfortunately worst girl IMO.
Shame too because her scenes are actually pretty good, but trying to add polish to someone so unapologetically rotten just doesn't work for me.

Group Leader
@waifu_for_laifu
* I'm sorry about your limited vocabulary
* You should be able to infer the meaning of "whit" from the context
* this word appears in american literature.

Users who are viewing this thread