5Toubun no Hanayome

Dropped it from the time he chose Yotsuba. It's clear he did that to add drama to add chapter in the story

@dagehenshin
Nope, and that was the core problem with this manga. It really didn't have anything to offer besides the girls being cute. Though it was very, very successful on that aspect, this was the very predictable end of the fanbase. Great romcoms work under some sort of premise, be it club activities, dumb misunderstandings, supernatural wacky hijinks, etc, or just rely on a superb cast to keep things afloat while development is not happening. 5toubun had neither of those. It was like Nisekoi, a perfected romcom formula that sacrificed its soul in the process, but unlike the latter, it knew when to quit while it was on top.

It's now at the end that people realize how their enjoyment of the manga was tied to their favorite girl winning, and those who didn't pick Yotsuba now feel like they were duped. As you can see in the comments, most of the other sisters' fans are going through the five stages of grief:

-Denial: "Ha, ha, this is just a ruse. My quint will swoop in and get the guy. See her hair color! It's definitely not her! I'm not crazy!"
-Anger: "Dropped! What the f*** Negi? How could you be so dumb to make her win out of nowhere?!"
-Bargaining: "Maybe he'll make an ending for all the girls? H-how about a harem ending?"
-Depression: "I should never read harem romcoms again, they always end up disappointing me and making me sad."

Acceptance won't come. It never does with harem romcoms. To this day you can find people whining about the finales of Nisekoi, Hayate, TWGOK and even freaking Ranma 1/2 almost 30 years later.

Contributor
Could've been a good harem manga, but no, the author bails out on us..... again. Is there no author that has the ball to go for good old harem end when the damn thing is its premise?

Dex-chan lover
Its almost as if a harem ending as a concept is an ethically and morally fucked up thing, huh?

Contributor
I’m only just now realizing that it’s likely that MD hasn’t updated the cover to show volume 13 because it basically spoils who the bride is.

That’s nice, I think.

Honestly, though, I wish Negi would make five alternate endings. Four of them would be dedicated to each of the remaining sisters, while the fifth would be the harem ending. Then it'd up to the readers to pick the one they're the most happy with—sure, it'd be a bit of a cop out, but everyone would win in every way.

We all know it should end with Fuutarou marrying the quintuplet's father !!
Most disappointing, funny and out of nowhere ending :D

Dex-chan lover
@Isekaijin, I kinda agree with you only I need to say this.
The whole manga became a game of "who is the bride" with Negi deciding the best way to go about it was playing mind games with the readers so instead of actually developing the relationships we just got 3 thirsty girls, a doormat and Itsuki, I dropped it because I realized all that Negi was going to do playing "who the bride is" at the expense of everything else and I wasnt going to play a "who dun it" when the author will intentional mislead the character and change the facts after in order to prolong the game.
I disagree with romcoms being all like this, most dont pull this crap with a few investing on the characters relationships besides, of course, being Romance Comedy as this never really been a comedy or at least had long ceased to been one.

Don't know about you guys, I'm still committed to see the end, but at this point I'm kind of sick of all that teasing. And I get it, it's f*cking cold, no sh*ts!!

Honestly I just want to see their interactions with each other. You know, how they talk, what they say, what their words mean in a bigger picture. I want to see how this all plays out in the end. I think we can expect a larger argument in the future.

It's over for me, I was aboard the Miku's train... DANG

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.
Code:
User Note: Aye aye ma'am

Users who are viewing this thread