5Toubun no Hanayome

Double-page supporter
Kind of confused. Essentially, this manga is the recollection of MC's past told as MC is getting married? Does the first chapter already confirm what character MC ends up with? Or is it supposed to be ambiguous because they're supposed to be identical quintuplets? Their hair colors and general character designs seem pretty different, so I'm wondering if the full on obscured face of the bride is supposed to make it clear who he ends up marrying. I'm wondering this because when I saw the panels with the bride, I was thinking, "Oh, so he marries this person, so where's the suspense that one would typically find in this sort of genre gone?"

Dex-chan lover
To those that want to dive into this, you might have noticed that theres 2 versions of the chapters by LHT and /a/.

READ /a/'s version because theirs are better translated while LHT's version had some translating errors and even grammatical errors.

I went through this reading LHT's version and found myself confused on multiple chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, LHT quality ranges from "well-meaning ESL" to "barely edited machine hackjob." If there's an alternative, take it.

Aggregator gang
Chapter 20 pages 2-3: Oh, wow. You don't often see four manga panels meet at a single corner.

No, seriously -- because it makes reading order ambiguous, it's really rare, at least in manga made in the past few decades. Go looking for examples and you'll see. Rachel Thorn's written about it.

Fed-Kun's army
@redpandamaniacal: Some readers like zlist (his comment is further down below, sry but the quoting still hasn't been implemented well into mangadex) are convinced that the author foreshadows a whole lot. That might prove to be true in the future but I don't think that it is as easy to see after only the first chapter. The quintuples all look quite different from each other but that is rather their unique hairstyle and to a lesser degree their expressions ( Yutsuba always smilling, Miku being kinda sleepy and insecure at times) but looking at the photo it's obvious that they changed a lot so why wouldn't they change their hairstyle later on? Even if they don't change their hairstyle later on, during the marriage they are most likely not going to wear for example their ribbons so I do think that it is still an open game after chapter 1

Double-page supporter
>Last Page of Ch. 26
I remembered how my friend insisted that he is the older of the two twin brothers because he was 'pushed out' first with a few minutes difference.
So, I guess unless the mother has an extremely loose- I mean... summoned her inner power and pushed them all out at once, age ordering seems logical.

Dex-chan lover
In Western culture, you are "born" when you get pushed out, which is why there are older and younger siblings even with twins.
In Asian culture, you are "born" the moment you're conceived, so you're already considered to be a 1 year-old 3 months after you get out.

Nowadays, the Western concept is dominating, but that's how it originally was in Asia.

Semi-related: If you're interested in knowing which of the quintuplets is "older", their names give it away (if you know how to count in Japanese):
Ichika (ichi = 1)
Nino (ni = 2)
Miku (mi = 3)
Yotsuba (yotsu = 4)
Itsuki (itsu = 5)

@Nolonar: Eh, really? I'm an asian but I've never once heard that our age starts to be counted from the moment we're conceived. Are you really speaking from your experience living in Asia?

Dex-chan lover
@Nolonar

That aint a Asian thing, where the fck do you even get this stuff from

Nolonar is actually right, some Asian cultures do count your age from the moment you were conceived. I remember visiting parts of Pakistan and India for example and some people followed that tradition.

Users who are viewing this thread