5Toubun no Hanayome

I didn't read this for a while. But damn the art improved. While some parts are kept simpler, the proportions of the faces and bodies and style of the eyes got waaay better.

But at the same time it feels more generic now...

Put this manga to Plan to read, but after so much hype on media, I decided to give it a try ._.

Although I like quiet girl like Miku and mature type like Ichika, I really love this moment of Nino

There are many harem manga end with girl meet main first win, so I hope Itsuki will have some development if the author plans to follow the traditional route

I swear, I don't understand why people are having shipping wars over this manga when it's blatantly obvious he's going to end up with all five of them. I bet the marriage chapter, whenever that happens, will be all five of the sisters switching place as the bride throughout the procession without anyone noticing.

The first chapter is so in your face about this, what with the title "The Five-Part Bride" / "Five Equal Brides".

Yeah no, I can't get past another 5 chapters. None of the girls are endearing enough to latch onto, and the childhood hook just came off as lazy. 5 exact copies with nothing but post-its of their quirk on em, what the hell was Negi thinking.

Dex-chan lover
@RadioForrest Well I guess it's just not your thing. Too bad, I guess. Still, the character development here is the most organic that I've ever seen and saying that it's false is just plain wrong. Hope you find a manga that you like.

@RadioForrest

The girls are actually pretty distinctive. A major point of the plot is the sisters realizing they're not clones of one another anymore, which actually upsets one of them greatly. And like Dandan said, the character development is very organic for the whole cast, because the cast actually grows and learns.

Instead of using their failing grades to drag the plot along for a 100+ chapters the author actually shows the girls improving their grades, which in turn promotes them to try and reframe their relationship to the protagonist and move it outside the tutor/student dynamic.

Hell, even the protagonist is great, because he's actually a character instead of a stand-in for the audience to project onto. Unlike many other harem stories where girls fall madly in love with some dumb loser because he's nice to them here you can actually see why they'd like this guy despite his abrasive personality. He actually has a personality, he has a history and doesn't let the females walk all over him.

@grumblerumble You guys keep saying how organic it is, but I'm not willing to wait multiple volumes for something, anything, to get started. Every half-way decent character in any medium learns and grows as the story continues, that isn't a good selling point. The MC and his family are decent archetypes that aren't offensive, but he doesn't deserve a standing ovation for not being a beta. Smarmy "reformed" MC, aloof little sister, dude-bro dad, and a dead mom I suppose.
I'm having a real hard time believing that organic statement when the characters go out of their way to act unnaturally forced. Worst girl doesn't question why the MC has a picture of his "family member" in his booklet, then proceeds to ask if she can suck some shota d. Whatever girl didn't bother opting out of the festival and instead opts to do some stupid scheming for the audition. I get that the pentuplets are not smart, frankly they're retarded if grades say anything, but why should that be endearing to me?

Group Leader
@RadioForrest

Hey, if you are not interested, please turn off your blabbering here and go read things you think are worth your time. It's a manga, not the masterpiece of the century in literature.

@ImmortalDao , It's a forum, I'm allowed to reply. I'm not looking for the next War and Peace, I just want something interesting. Excuse me for asking why it is worth any time

Group Leader
@RadioForrest

Of course it is, but you got a replay and insisted with your logic after few chapters read, labeling everything as retarded and insulting the whole setup. If this manga is so bad for you, I imagine you're avoiding 99% of mangas out there.

I don't see the characters so "retarded" as you deem them to be, the things you pointed out were fully explained but you refused to accept them. I, too, have several series that I dropped after 4-5 chapters and they are very popular, but I don't post my complains towards them . You have to know first the whole story to be able write a decent complain which makes sense.

@ImmortalDao that statement came out after 2 weeks of back-and-forth. I've been and still am being told of how organic is realistic the characters are, but that's all I'm given. @DANDAN_THE_DANDAN has been the only one to give examples and actually got me to give it another shot, but the actual meat and likeability of the story seems to be tens of chapters away, if there is any. Obviously I can't make a detailed report without reading the manga in it's entirety, but I still am a consumer and able to question it. If you don't believe that then we're both hitting brick walls, akin to everyone else that replied, save DANDAN.

Dex-chan lover
@ImmortalDao Instead of insulting @RadioForrest, why don't you actually try and convine em of why the manga is good, like I did? And since my effort has failed I concluded that this just isn't Radio's type of manga. I mean, one is allowed to like and dislike anything, right?

I unironically like Eromanga-sensei. Convince me why I should hate it.

Group Leader
@RadioForrest
Questioning something is different from labeling everything as retarded and forced with few chapter read.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
When did I insulted him? Plus, why should I convince him to read the manga, after your first attempt? If you don't like the setting from the start it's hard to find it likeable after few more chapters.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN

He complains there's no character development and then refuses to read further on to the chapters where actual character development happens. He complains about one of the sisters being hostile to the MC when the author made it very clear why she acts as she does. Again, character development he refuses to get informed about because "it's tens of chapters away". First time I've heard someone complain an author taking his time to do the proper groundwork.

It's obvious he's prejudiced against the manga and no amount of arguing will convince him otherwise. He's made that point clear time and again. He should just go read something he actually enjoys and stop wasting everyone's time.

>Convince me why I should hate it.

Because it's Oreimo 2.0, and will end in an equally wet fart. The harem genre went to shit when authors decided to copy Love Hina instead of Tenchi Muyo.

@RadioForrest

1. You're not a consumer. The manga isn't even licensed in English. You're the audience, and you're free to share your opinions of the story. However, I'm also free to point out you are doing so from a position of ignorance.

2. It's obvious you dislike the story and have given up on it several times already. If you didn't like it before you're not going to like it now, so my advice is to spend your leisure time on something you actually enjoy.

@grumblerumble Chucking money at Negi doesn't differentiate the quality of opinions or the fact that we consume the same thing. It's far from ignorance if I question why the characters act stiffly or aren't engaging in any sense. That's a whole lot better than "the girls are pretty distinctive" or that the MC isn't a "dumb loser." Great advice there, but I was trying to see how people found a diamond in this lump of coal. I'm asking why and I keep getting non-answers. At first it was just me giving chuckles and loose questions to get a general sense of the story and fans, but the story got progressively worse so I began to "blabber."
I get the defensiveness from the folks here, emotional investment is a great thing, but I would've liked some answers on how to overcome such a weak beginning. I'm not content with just being told that "it's great/organic/interesting" or that it gets better later on, yet out of the 4 people that threw their hat in, @DANDAN_THE_DANDAN has been the only one to use evidence to persuade. I don't want to be "prejudiced" against 5toubun, but what I'm seeing really is getting me there. It's a matter of taste, but you folks should do me the favor of either shooting me down or having the capability to argue. 2 weeks is long enough, I'll concede one last time now that the brick wall is starting to talk back.

v4v

For me personally, after reading to the latest chapter, 5toubun is probably the best harem manga up to date and I'm not even exaggerating. It's really well done and there are clear developments later on. It's much better than your typical harem rom-com, it pretends to follow tropes but shot them down later on. You'll like at least one girl but it takes time, because developments need time. If you don't like the manga, just move on. If you don't have the patience, or don't want to be persuaded then whatever, why keep trying to argue back? What do you expect?
What I said come from someone hating everything about Nisekoi-like formula manga. If you can't see the differences then it's on you, not the author's fault or the manga's. Have fun and have a good day.

what are you guys doing? you can't argue preferences

i can like apples the most while someone else hates em, both are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread