5Toubun no Hanayome

her developed is in the flash back and in the final arc, and the scene of the
ribbon
is a lot meanfull for her character conclusion. i agree is rushed, and yes there is a lot of focus on ""just be the bride"" but her character is build around her getting free from the chains of the past, and she accomplished that... so its not true "she have no developed" (and she also have her meanfull moment with Fuu), its no perfect of course but people are reeeeally just way too biased

@Big_Boss
Exactly, same thoughts for me. I never care who end girl is if story is good and makes sense. But here
Yotsuba
was almost like side character/support and comedic relief (being not smart gag was used on her quite often) for big part of her "screen time". Like you said other sister had some better chemistry with MC even Ituski (lot of classic/ cliché foreshadowing and sharing passion with MC), but last volume just turn her into total pointless character
("maybe I love him, maybe not"- no idea why she was even waiting like rest in classroom when from story point she had no interest in him yet)
. So when
Yotsuba was end girl I was like"... well...ok whatever I guess?..."

Biggest irony for me is that
I made prediction in chapter 40 or so that Yotsuba may be "surprise" ending, but I think author will make open ending where are sisters come dressed and looking the same at the wedding.
But here it was just rushed and badly handled.

@Soracifer
I think most people don't have problem that
Yotsuba was end girl (was, because of ending)
, but the way is was handled and (especially, non after confession) develop. Like I mentioned I never care who end girl is as it's author vision and I want good and logic story. Here I just have feeling like I somehow skipped 2 arcs or something- it's just off, something is missing. Those 2 last volumes were just forced and rushed just too much. You really can see that author just wanted to end this serialization as fast as possible.

Also it was supposed to be open ending at least semi open. Truth to be told author wanted to make everyone happy with it, leaving it like it. He even pretty much confirms it on twitter and previous interviews.

Anyway let's hope he will learn from this and his next work will be better. Same goes for editor/s who forced some stuff here that just messed things and quality.

"editor force thing" and now you're just making up with no evidence at all.
you guy are way too biased and similar statements like that prove it.
anyway i agree its a bit rushed some stuff could be handle better (biodad bullshit stuff over all) but its not that bad, the choise made sense and it's not true Yotsuba dont have any development
Look im sure if the mangaka had carried the story for another 2 or 3 volumes after the choice, you would have instead say that it was drag for too long with no sense since we knew who the bride is, I am sure of this because the fandom is only toxic and biased

@lostleader Right? she is not even my favorite, probably 3rd but was total logical. stuff like "they have no chemestry, 0 development" are way too biased and subjective.
We see chapter with them together, they say they love each other, fuu explain that swing chapter was really important to him etc etc..
.. plus they are
together for 5 years and they live together and they are married
the ending is not fucking "open" at all.
indeed some stuff could be explore more in deep and handle better, i totaly agree... but say "this is shit, hack" stuff like that are ridiculous and full of salt.

@Soracifer
I didn't say it's shit or something like this. If I really had to rate it would give it probably around 7 or 8, so quite fair. I don't get why people nowadays treat all critic like some kind hate and read it like someone just thinks/ rates something like total failure. Especially when I marked that I'm talking about 2 last volumes and ending.

I said it was off and rushed and it's true. Same goes for
Yotsuba
I didn't said that she hadn't any development as she pretty much gain all later on in the story- first girl, first love, childhood friend etc.
I said that other sister had some more organic developments and for part it's also true. As start to midway mark her character even had some good chemistry. However last 2 volumes just force (mostly by flashbacks)
Yotsuba
, because author wanted to end it fast. About editors forcing things it's just how things work- been there and saw it myself(work related). I see some hints of in this manga that's why I mentioned. You, may don't agree with me and that's fine, but don't call me biased- because I'm not, too old for this and using that as arguments is just weak(pure no sense, I also could call you biased for defending).

Look im sure if the mangaka had carried the story for another 2 or 3 volumes after the choice, you would have instead say that it was drag for too long with no sense (...)
For me personally making proper build up and development after would be enough- so more like 1 volume before and 1 after change.
Here we had Itsuki and biological dad
which could be really good from story point and for character development, but it happened way too late(in sense it shouldn't be just few chapters before ending) and were kind of rushed. Ending in
Itsuki
becoming pointless character e.g.: "maybe that maybe this" (wishy washy) way too late in the story.

As for open ending, author literally confirmed it. He wanted to make everyone happy, so for Yotsuba fans he also put metaphor which can me understand different ways- was is good, especially for ending? Well, that's another thing.

You made up thing, he never say about "open ending" in his last interview https://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/17065762/ he clairy say "Negi believes 4/5 readers will end up mad at him. Due to there only being 1 winner."
We can have a critical discussion about the development of the character and that's total fine, but please don't making up thing just to try to support your subjective (and wrong becouse its literally write here) opinion about an "open ending", in one of its first interview he just say "ending that will hopefully satisfy everyone" and that no mean an "open ending" as you can see.

So wait was the wedding a dream or did he actually marry Yotsuba and was reflecting back, I'm confused.

I'm mad. You're mad. Everyone's fucking mad.
Great rollercoaster 10/10 would read again.

Dex-chan lover
A great ride,i dont know how fun this is if you binge it but reading it by weekly release made it so much better! All in all negi is a hack and hope he makes an alternate end for each quint 😭

Users who are viewing this thread