5Toubun no Hanayome

My only regret is that negi didn't show the girls moving on. A big part of this manga was that 4 out of 5 would get rejected and we had some chapters trying to tackle that issue. If at the their relationship is still lukewarm then that's a step backwards.

Dex-chan lover
The writing of these past few chapters has been pretty poor. I’m also kinda disappointed Yotsuba is winning, though she’s nowhere near the worst of the 5.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I am glad that this manga is coming to a end instead of a long drawn out death like every other harem manga.

Dex-chan lover
Random. As I've been observing. It seems like more and more users are giving this series a bad rating.
The Bayesian (blue) rating went from 8.62 to 8.59, over the span of ~2 months.
May not look like much, but I'm guessing it needs many rating data inputs for it to be on a continuous downward trend.
Unfortunately, I didn't take note of the total users rated & the ratings distribution.. Should have done that.

I don't condone ratings manipulation by the way..

Objective opinion: the quintuplet I like is the best of them all, and the one you do is the worst. [/sarcasm]
Some people can't enjoy a story...

Dex-chan lover
Well. Yotsuba won. Nothing we can do about that. Though the series ending pains my heart, I am pained not because it's over, but because the last few chapters feel lower in quality than the others.

Ah well.

On the flipside, my bet's on Yotsuba being second on the left, what with her hands balled into fists like she can't wait to get married. Ichika is the only one out of the quints who smiles as confidently as the center one, the leftmost quint's arms' pose remind me of Nino, Itsuki's become more comfortable and confident and thus is more likely to be relaxed, like the rightmost quint, and the second on the right quint has a somewhat nervouse expression, matching Miku's characterization throughout.

Please feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@lvxferre When the whole story is about a glorified horse race analogy I think it's reasonable to be angry if the horse you were betting on lost.

Compare it with other romcoms like Hi Score Girl and the MGT one which have the nostalgia as selling point or Kaguya and Jitsu wa, which made a point of showing teenagers having actual friends and interactions, or School Rumble and Seto no Hanayome having y'know, actual comedy. Ask yourself this. Does 5toubun deserve the comedy tag? Did it have anything of note besides the quints? Was the bride mystery, the main selling point of the manga, satisfying?

That last point is important because for the people who wanted their quint to win, the main selling point of this manga was a disappointment. Who won, unlike other romcoms is a bigger issue here because the manga failed to give more reasons to enjoy the manga. What it did, it did good, however that placed a bigger strain on the ending than a normal manga with more charm points would have had.

the defenders of this manga for Hack Negi are off--yeah, the winners of the quint is fine, but the manga itself was slopping itself towards the end. There were so many things that could've been explored/written/continued, otherwise they served little purpose in the overall story.

SPOILER ALERT

In ch 122 (END) There is a wedding ceremony and it was all dream :V Lol

Code:

@darklight99 No, the spoilers do imply
the Yotsuba wedding was part of his dream
. Much like the ending Season 1 of the anime adaptation pulled with the wedding, leaving it open ended.

Code:

Dex-chan lover
fBKluk7.png
LOL that was fast
LzuVIwk.png

Btw I still have access to the chapter since I didn't close it lol

Users who are viewing this thread