Fed-Kun's army
ignorant pig be like
732.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@zStella you do realize that what I'm saying would be a better option requires more patients than would be needed now right? Also it might be true that the site that is linked as the raw is behind the physical release. But, that site is still slightly ahead of the translator, so until they pass the site they can use that. It's kinda obvious that they don't really want the breaks there, by lack of any real end indicators, and the fact that they compile them into bigger chapters. They probably just couldn't get into a monthly magazine they wanted so had to do weekly instead to tell the story.

This got trite in a hurry. I’ll see what the next update brings. Hopefully something fresh.

Oh boy it sure is going to be messy with the local guards involved. I hope he's brought down but he really didn't cover up his sins - after all, everyone knew the kids were sent overseas...

Fed-Kun's army
@themanj You can cast defensive magic ahead of time. Which would make any Rifle, Shotgun or Sniper pretty much useless, no matter how fast their projectiles are. Also I'm sad to say shotguns don't go through armor. High caliber pistols and revolvers possible can, and so can rifles. But not low caliber pistols, revolvers or shotguns(because pellets). SHotguns probably cause a lot of pain though, the impact must be tremendous, due to many pellets hitting close areas all at the same time.

Watch this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygaSMeTh-f0) Remember, the helmet is usually less durable than the main armor. Which is why they are instead made larger than the head or are more rounded to compensate, by making blows either miss the head(first case), or slip through the oval surface and make the attack way less effective.

Contributor
@BloodySorcerer Gotta give shotguns props for 2 things:

1) What is probably the single, most identifiable sound when one loads the round into the chamber. Nobody, I mean, NO-BO-DY does not know exactly what that sound is (and means!) once you hear it. It is universal.

2) Intimidation factor. Everyone's ass puckers up once you number 1 goes into effect, and you realize you are certain it is not in friendly hands.

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeKnight this one actually got published as one full chapter originally. The splits is done by the translator for convenience's sake. Personally i think it's better to just release one full chapter later on rather than parts because this is already the latest chapter anyway so people isn't in rush to read it.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, how fast did fat dude chant that the MC couldn't just stop him from casting the spell, considering how he was right in front of him?

Contributor
@kiriha the serialisation on Manga UP is in parts, 3-5 per chapter released weekly. The tankoubon obviously combines these as whole chapters, but only one volume (3 chapters) is out thus far (vol. 2 comes out on the 11th).

Dex-chan lover
@Shirobane Oh, i didn't know this one also published on Manga UP, in parts nonetheless, because the one in Gangan Online isn't being split in parts.

Dex-chan lover
@Animeknight We're not competing with anybody; we're just pacing the releases and balancing them out amongst a ton of others that we're working on at the same time

Fed-Kun's army
@BloodySorcerer ok a shotgun with bird shot wont do but what about buck shot? on the 2nd helmet the buckshot went through i think most of them failed due to the fact they used lead shot against hard armor. but there is the advantage of shotguns you can load a huge variety of rounds .im pretty sure the buckshot on the first helmet would have gone through if it where steel ball bearings but i see what you mean yes shotguns have significantly worst penetration but most armors only protect vital areas ... you can shoot at their chest plate and all that lead spalling goes everywhere and much of it would hit their chin
also in most fantasy worlds people dont have protection magic on passively they activate it in combat or reactivity

Fed-Kun's army
@themanj THe buckshot barely went through, look at where the pellets hit, the pellets that went through were in most part the ones that went through the Eye opening, the ones that hit the metal part only broke the part that hit, but didn't go though, otherwise the back side of the helmet would've been destroyed by the pellets that went through the eye opening, and that didn't happen, actually the pellets barely harmed the back side of the helmet even on the buckshot. Also, Like I said, the main armor parts, like breastplate, tasset, and so on, are usually thicker than the helmet. As shown in other tests in the same guy's channel. (he tested a breastplate against all manners of crossbows, and for the most part, crossbows barely made a dent on most armors.)

"but most armors only protect vital areas ... you can shoot at their chest plate and all that lead spalling goes everywhere and much of it would hit their chin"
Uhm, nope that's actually wrong, This is actually a common misconception, battle armor, also know as full plate, actually covered almost all your body's weak spots perfectly, you could only make use of an armor's openings with a melee weapon, but it was pretty much impossible to do the same with ranged weapons. That's because of the way they were built.
You could definitely try and aim for the eye openings of a helmet though. That's what archers and musketeers would do. Most of them would fail, drop their bows and grab their secondary weapons though.
Don't worry though, only about 1-5% of all soldiers ever used such armors, that's because full plates were extremely expensive. So expensive in fact that even most nobles would think twice before buying them. THe price of one would leave even them on the red afterwards. Only Dukes and really wealthy merchants would have the money to be ok after buying one of these, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread