@moozooh Untrue. Raw and rare meat preparations are pretty common in African communities, look into kitfo which is an Ethiopian raw beef dish.

Fed-Kun's army
@BokuNoGyro
Ethiopian cuisine is actually an extreme outlier among the developed African communities owing to its unique history and geographical location. Some claim the raw meat dishes were popularized during the period when skirmishes with their Somalian neighbors were common (from the 16th century onwards), so it was statistically safer to eat the meat raw than alert the enemies to one's presence with fire and/or smoke. Another hypothesis is this is a traditional macho thing that was carried all the way over from the primitive times. There is also a version that claims it was influenced by the cuisine of Turkey and the Arabian Peninsula countries where some raw meat dishes were passed down from the upper classes together with the rich spice blends to help alleviate the risks. In all cases it was a predominantly male, "hunter/warrior" diet staple, reserved for special occasions, not a common food. It's not cheap at all (the animal had to be slaughtered specifically for the occasion, and there were virtually no fridges in Ethiopia until after the WW2), and the risks are still present and well-understood.

Even all of these things considered, it is thought to be native only to some of Ethiopia's many ethnicities, and not at all something enjoyed by lower-class black communities that developed outside of Africa. You wouldn't see a black ghetto kid in the US chewing on his gored gored or tere siga. Pretty sure a lot of the long-assimilated populace wouldn't even know what it was unless they had financial access to restaurant food. Raw meat has never been cheap and is not fully safe even today. Hence the Ethiopian quirks have no bearing on the stereotype I was talking about that I can possibly identify.

Fed-Kun's army
probably one of my favorite chapters. I love how they tried to do it indoors first anyway.

zco

The panel with them suffocating while indoor killed me straight up just chillin lmfao

Dex-chan lover
Meanwhile the neighbor "Who is smoking that much in the Apartment?!"

Users who are viewing this thread