Oh, guess we're going balls-out with the Fist of the Seeker references.

Banned
Man, i wish the rest of the Fist of the Seekers is translated. It looks interesting even with the art

Dex-chan lover
So he's the heir to the karate school's owner or something.

Double-page supporter
For those who haven't read any of Fist of the Seeker, Rokushin Kaikan is a major organisation in that series. One of its strongest members is a guy called Narushima Joji. He's not the owner, though.

Wakatsuki Takeshi is also a member of this school of karate, or at least was; he was exiled from it for participating in underground fights.

Dex-chan lover
Escaping at the count of 1.9? Now those are some John Cena moves right there.

First of the seeker references? Nah, I want my f Orochi Doppo appearance.
If they maked a kengan X street fighter they can do a kengan X Baki fight, im thinking kuroki vs the ogre(? Or kuroki vs doppo ( that would be sick )

Dex-chan lover
Oh, looks like we're gonna get some of Koga's past now. Compared with Ryuki you kinda forget we don't know that much about him.

Dex-chan lover
Rokushin Kaikan is definitely based on the real-life karate organization, Kyokushin Kaikan. It's a kanji difference of 六真会館 vs 極真会館, with Rokushin meaning "Six Truths" and Kyokushin meaning "Extreme Truth". (Kaikan just means "meeting hall" basically)

Also, there's an organization in Grappler Baki that's another reference - Shinshinkai. It leaves off the "kan", but given its presentation it's clearly the stand-in for Kyokushin. Shinshinkai is written as 神心会, which means "Divine Heart Association". It could also be considered to be a plan on the other real-life Karate style, Seishinkai (聖心会 - Sacred Heart Association)

Dex-chan lover
I like how this time we're not hurrying to get into the tournaments and deadly battles right from the get go, because this time it carries the weight of success of the previous one so you know it's good even if they take their time to train and meet the people.
And of course, there's deadly battles happening already but they aren't the main focus yet.

Dex-chan lover
Before entering the world of Kengan matches, Koga pretty much pissed on and insulted every known school of karate and got perma-banned as a result. Guess he's past has come to haunt him now.

I hope Sandrovich 'remakes' Fist of the Seeker with Daromeon one of these days

At this point, Haru just jump and body smash his opponent into the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread