Dex-chan lover
@Yautja The author had to "fill in" all the nonsensical plot holes he introduced, so I guess it's unsurprising he resorted to time travel to wipe his ass. The manga started going downhill a lot earlier though, with time skips, non thought out scenarios, conspiracies etc.

Double-page supporter
@criver
Honestly, I supported the timeskip because after it Eren became a decent character beyond the whole "BURN IT DOWN! I'M ANGRY!" kind of tropy character and the plot really started moving. This however puts a lot of shaky water back into the manga, far more than the other issues introduced post time skip. Time Travel is never something an author should introduce so flippantly. That said, I can't wait till the anime onlys screaming about AOT being the best anime / manga ever see this shit and start to try and defend it like half of r/starwars does with The Last Jedi.

If you know of one, direct me to someone bitching about all the plot holes, I'd be interested in seeing them all codified.

Lux

Power Uploader
It's just as Pixis said some chapters ago, if you want to tell a good lie mix some truth in it. When Eren lied to Zeke that he was disappointed in his father actions for murdering the Reiss children, which he saw through Historia, he actually was disappointed because Grisha hesitated to do that horrible deed and he had to intervene and force him to do it.

Dex-chan lover
Flip her skirt Eren! she can't wipe out the Eldians if she's busy going Kyaaaaa

Dex-chan lover
and now he can see into the fucking future jesus christ this shit is getting stupid real fast

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja The issue with the time skip was that too many things (and inconsistencies) got introduced with it, resulting in what you see now. And while I agree that Eren's character was initially obnoxious, we hardly got to see his char development - precisely because it got skipped and we only got the end result.
I am not aware of a review that describes all of the bs. I am sticking with the whole thing just to see what a trainwreck the conclusion will be.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja It’s not exactly true time travel, but close enough. Though the possibility of this happening was hinted at earlier on with Kruger, who mentioned Armin and Mikasa’s names, people who didn’t even exist yet. Most likely it was Kruger seeing Eren’s memories.

This is making my brain spin in circles
I am not even sure who has what kind of plan at this point

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
Well it makes sense now how in the first chapter Eren dreamt of the future. Commenting on Mikasa’s long hair, etc.

Why are you all so surprised, it have been hinted at multiple time from chapter one?

Double-page supporter
@criver
Good riddance as far as I care. Eren had made effectively no progress in as a character in like 100 chapters, and if a time skip is what it took, so be it. Same shit with Vinland Saga's anime. The child version of Thorfinn was insufferable, and a timeskip remedied that. At least in both cases the changes were sensical and can be explained, even if the time skip was lazy in some sense.

@AnonDePlume
Considering it's affecting the timeline, IMO, it qualifies. It's pretty much the exact same shit as Stein's Gate's version of time travel, and no one questions whether or not that is time travel.
Anyways, that's another good hint for it, but it's still bringing in a shit ton of problems associated with time travel, and overall seems to be lazy. Foreshadowing doesn't necessarily make a development reasonable or acceptable. A certain Game of Thrones comes to mind.

Fed-Kun's army
wow, Frieda X Zeke shippers actually got something this chapter.

and people are really complaining when Kruger himself said that paths transcends time?

I dont know what the fuck is what anymore lol. The only reason, i didnt drop this manga cuz its almost close to an ending, so i will bite my lip, and keep reading until the end.
PS. IMO This manga used to be good but not anymore, also whiteknight please dont @me

Aggregator gang
@Winzent Exactly. Eren saw visions and a whole different Mikasa in the 1st chapter called "To you in 2,000 years". Kruger literally said Mikasa AND Armin's name about 30 something chapters ago. Yet people are shocked and confused that "The attack titan can peer and/or jump into the memories of past and future users" as if the author just randomly made this ability on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread