Fed-Kun's army
Why the hell people are trying to give some explanation into a BS MAGIC?! It's called magic ffs

I was expecting the water droplets to eat them like a real fucking slime would but that pin ball move was cool to

@Deathhappens nah, that one have low accuracy, It looks flashy and epic but It might leave some survivor, also it like the statement to enemy: I am on the way, prepare your head. It will make enemies have time to prepare plans to fight back.
But Rimuru's is more accurate and it wont let anyone know about it if not standing there. So that he has more time to kill more
The one that you want only useful when you are too overpowerful to others, Like Budha to Wukong. Rimuru might be strong but he not OP enough.

Is this your fucking first time reading a manga? its a magic why the fuck u try to using logic. its have a fantasy genre not without a reason

Dex-chan lover
If you're wondering about Megiddo, you may recognize it better as Armageddon, the final battle at the plains of Megiddo.

Why spelling?

It's ancient Hebrew, translated into ancient Greek, translated into ancient Latin, translated into King's English, then modern English.

@Warhawk
from the web novel, the only non-beat down fight in this series are limited, almost every rimuru's fight is one sided fight. The only exception I could remember is the last fight - which is still very far away in the future, but that one is still questionable at best for being tense - just like what happened with the fight between rimuru and hinata a few chapters back.

The one which actually a bit tense would be rimuru's subordinate fight between each other (they'll make a tournament to put rank between them as part of their declaration as a nation). The other would be rimuru's subordinates fight against the angels, particularly I could remember shion's against one of the demon lord (not the one after this arc between shion and clayman, but the one later nearing the end).

Fed-Kun's army
To those comparing the WN to LN, he mains them in both and blows people's limbs off and sows chaos, mayhem, panic, terror, and discord all over.

@Pikokola , the Manga follows the LN not the WN, probably nothing of what you're thinking about will happen or has happened so far.

@criver

>Anyways, the small droplets thing will not work, plain and simple. It's just bs - I don't care what AI you use, it's simply not how physics work.

Right, only magic could make it work. Oh wait.

>You do not get to decide what my words mean.

I do. This is a place for public discussions, and if you write bs, you are going to be called out for writing bs.

> The MC came up with the stupid droplets plan based on his "knowledge" from the future. I suppose the idea was to present him as innovative and creative, pretty ironic considering this is the main part that will simply not work out.

Right. You know what else doesn’t work out? Your pitiful attempts at debunking physics magic with real world physics.

>And just to rain some more on your parade - you don't need a genius in order to compute the focal point of a parabolic mirror.

Here is a little spoiler for you my friend: this magic actually does use some huge ass light gathering mirrors and lens systems to focus and direct large number of rays towards enemies. What you saw in these panels, small droplets, were just terminal elements for final guidance.
It doesn't take much to setup a single mirror or lens, right. It does when you need to set up the whole optical system to hit a thousand enemies per volley.

Double-page supporter
i tought he's gonna nuke them but this would do, but i would have wished more blood and severed limbs...

when i saw the droplets i expected some heaven's feel shit. close enough i guess

Dex-chan lover
@agmik
Right, only magic could make it work. Oh wait.
Precisely - it's an oh wait moment, for the author that is. Because it's explicitly stated he uses magic only to shape the droplets, there's no magic involved in the focusing of light whatsoever. Hence bs. Go refer to the LN, or scroll through the comments - several people have bothered to cite the relevant excerpts.

No, you do not. It is as simple as that - you cannot put words in my mouth. Technically you can, but then you're just beating on that poor strawman.

Your pitiful attempts at debunking physics magic with real world physics.
"Physics magic" you heard it here first guys. It seems to me like you require some additional fantasies of yours to try and fill in the gaps in the plot. What's in the text is:

physically driven magic spell

With a long explanation detailing that there's no magic involved beyond shaping the lenses - so good luck with that argument.

use some huge ass light gathering mirrors
Go on, cite the relevant passage in the text. Oh wait, you can't because it's not in there. This is the only thing you'll be able to find regarding large lenses (not parabolic mirrors):

I had deployed a dozen-ish large ones up above, shaped like convex lenses.

But then the effect is supposedly:

The temperature of these thin rays, no more than a pencil’s width in diameter, was several thousand degrees—more than enough heat to take a person’s life.

Wait a second, it smells like some bullshit's burning ignited by water droplets firing lasers of destruction.

What you saw in these panels, small droplets, were just terminal elements for final guidance.
What we saw in these panels, I've read in the LN, with detailed explanations spanning more than a page of text, of bullshit that is.

It doesn't take much to setup a single mirror or lens, right. It does when you need to set up the whole optical system to hit a thousand enemies per volley.
The point was that the computations are not inherently hard, just many, and unnecessarily many in this case. He could have as well vaporized the army with a single mirror, ever heard of the speed of light or about heat diffusion? No? Ok.

@criver

> you cannot put words in my mouth

I don't. You said: through his "intelligence" and not relying on something OP. You don't consider the great sage OP. You diminish the effort by saying it's easy and sage was not required, with which I simply disagree. No human could shape and control required amount of lenses in real time.

Then again, you say: you cannot put words in my mouth, and yet you do it yourself:

> it's an oh wait moment, for the author that is

You suddenly got the idea you completely understand the author's intention and proudly declare how they are wrong.

>This is the only thing you'll be able to find regarding large lenses

Right, nitpicks are your best friend. I think the WN was mentioning them, or maybe not, but it does not matter in the overall picture. Because the idea here is that there is a complex system of many elements that achieves the required result, and it is Great Sage who does the heavy lifting of it. Not just making and pointing a single mirror or lens at an ant.

But hey, since you like nitpicking so much, here are some points to consider before you formally write a scientific paper on flaws in theory of using the sun as a weapon in a magical fantasy world in a fantasy novel:
1. Is the sun the same?
2. Is the intensity of sunlight the planet receives the same?
3. Is the atmosphere of the planet the same?
4. Is the index of refraction of water and air the same?
5. Is the steel in armor the same?
6. Are the physical properties of water, air and steel the same?
7. Is the speed of light the same?
8. Are the values of physical constants the same?
9. Are the underlying physical laws the same?

Like seriously, you try to sound so smart using the real world physics as your argument, that you actually keep forgetting that we are dealing with a fantasy in the first place.
Guess what — I'm pretty sure the author never thought about making a completely realistic and physically sound theory on using sun as a deadly laser.
It was *you* who got this idea. It was *you* who put these words in the mouth of the author, made it their intention, and then went on a bravado about how dumb they are because it is in fact not realistic. Because *you* think that it must be, somehow.

I don't deny your physical knowledge or anything. But your premise of your argument is flawed. This physics magic, oh

> you heard it here first guys

It was named as such in the WN, chapter 69. And there is good chance the original text is closer to meaning in the WN, rather than less directly translated and more overall localized LN. Or maybe not, I don't really see big difference between "physics magic" and "physically driven magic spell".

So yea, the physics magic it is. The physics part of it is made to look like real, but it doesn't mean that it has to be 100% scientifically correct. It is a fantasy, and in a lot of works of fantasy and fiction unreal things are being explained as such they were real, often using real terminology or even referring to real laws. And of course those descriptions are incorrect and flawed. Not because the pretentious authors wanted to make them realistic but failed since they don't understand physics. But because they are simply unreal, and not meant to be physically possible. Because it is a fantasy or fiction novel. Right?

By the way, have you read the book The Garin Death Ray?

Dex-chan lover
@agmik

I don't. You said: through his "intelligence" and not relying on something OP. You don't consider the great sage OP.

Can you read, or will we keep going in circles? I already clarified exactly what I meant several comments ago:

As in, nowhere do I imply that the "super AI" is not broken, it's just not brute force like a magic nuke.

It's typical strawmanning: "you don't consider the great sage OP" - then I wonder what that quote above is? If you want to argue with some imaginary version of me, where you get to decide what I am saying - be my guest, but I will not partake.

You suddenly got the idea you completely understand the author's intention and proudly declare how they are wrong.
Unfortunately, the "intention" of the author is written down. You can go to the relevant excerpt in the LN/WN/wiki and find out that the intention was for the decimation to happen through physical means as opposed to being a feat of magical prowess (it's spelled out explicitly) - if you want to argue against that, then you're simply arguing against the source material, of which I can provide the relevant excerpts in case you want to disagree.

Right, nitpicks are your best friend.
So it's a nitpick when I show that a major statement of yours is untrue? Let's put this into perspective, shall we? If you were indeed correct, there would have been no reason for me to argue against this - basically you presented a statement that would have pretty much defeated my whole point right then and there. There's a small detail though - your statement was wrong. I am not sure how this is a nitpick - am I supposed to accept your imaginary recollection of the source material as the ground truth for you to not consider it a nitpick? Yeah, no.

Not just making and pointing a single mirror or lens at an ant.
Then you should realize how ironic it is, that using a system of two large mirrors, would have been both physically sound (to some extent) and more efficient. Instead you get droplets firing off lasers smh. Nice joke. It's an ass pull through and through, the difference with other ass pulls is that you can identify the exact moment this one breaks. Basically a badly executed ass pull.

You have no reason to believe any of these to be the case, since they were never made a plot point. Or do you read a book about something, and then invent additional plot points just because. No? Good. Then do not try to do it here either, just because you want an inconsistency to make sense.

Like seriously, you try to sound so smart using the real world physics as your argument, that you actually keep forgetting that we are dealing with a fantasy in the first place.
Correction, it's the author trying to use physics as a plot point to make the MC seem smart and innovative, while failing miserably at it. And to be fair, there's nothing smart in having basic highschool knowledge - any average Joe can read this and work out the math (I guess that's also the point where I say: "but this is the main goal of an isekai - to target the lowest common denominator", seems like it aimed a bit too low this time around though). Just because you have magic in your premise, doesn't give you the green light to botch everything else, and get away with "but muh magic". Especially not when you have made it a plot point that magic was not the main ingredient of the decimation.

Guess what — I'm pretty sure the author never thought about making a completely realistic and physically sound theory on using sun as a deadly laser.
That we can agree on - the author certainly didn't put much thought in his work - he could have though, but he didn't. Still managed to get something above average by isekai standards. I am not sure whether this tells us how garbage isekai is or how good this is compared to the rest - probably a little of both.

It was *you* who put these words in the mouth of the author
Yeah, no. It is written in the source material.

But your premise of your argument is flawed.
You have yet to provide convincing arguments for that. Stating something's all well and good, you should back it up though.

I don't really see big difference between "physics magic" and "physically driven magic spell".
The former can have the extra interpretation that the physics are magical - which is clearly not the case as described in the text.

The physics part of it is made to look like real, but it doesn't mean that it has to be 100% scientifically correct.
Then this must be present as a plot point in the original text - it is not, thus you have no objective reason to believe it to be so. Wanting something to be the case, is not the same as it being the case. You can't change and introduce plot points post factum to make up for the inconsistencies - that's not how writing works.

often using real terminology or even referring to real laws.
When real terminology or laws are referred to, they are assumed to be as seen in reality (since you simply do not have a different reference point), unless they were explicitly introduced as different. That's the problem here - the author doesn't introduce new physics - it's something YOU came up with to try and mitigate the inconsistency. How about we stick to the source material?

Not because the pretentious authors wanted to make them realistic but failed since they don't understand physics. But because they are simply unreal, and not meant to be physically possible.
Give me a good argument for this. Nowhere in the story is alternative light transport introduced as a plot point, so good luck.

Because it is a fantasy or fiction novel. Right?
With the risk of repeating myself - "fantasy" and "fiction" doesn't give you a green light to write nonsense. There is still structure, logic, and causality even in fiction and fantasy writing. If you keep introducing ass pulls, they will be called out as such, and fantasy or fiction will do little to alleviate this, unless the event actually logically follows from the premise. Which in this case it doesn't. A piece of text where anything goes is not a structurally and consistent work - it is nonsense.

By the way, have you read the book The Garin Death Ray?
No, and I honestly hope you're not about to try to relate Tolstoy and science fiction, where alternate physics is an actual plot point, to this isekai light novel.

@criver

>So it's a nitpick when I show that a major statement of yours is untrue? Let's put this into perspective, shall we? If you were indeed correct, there would have been no reason for me to argue against this - basically you presented a statement that would have pretty much defeated my whole point right then and there.

Oh, so let me get this straight: it would have been all fine and dandy for you if there were parabolic mirrors instead of converging lenses?

Also, if we are so hung up on mirrors, how exactly do you create a mirror out of just water?

Fed-Kun's army
@criver totally blocked, sick of seeing your rants. You contribute nothing to the community aside from rage posts/ replies.

Users who are viewing this thread