What the heck?! There’s supposed to be a war march 20,000 soldiers strong heading into Tempest, with the king in a carriage and magic barriers over head that protect against magic, physical, bio/chemical/poison, and radiation damage. And with Rimuru’s newly made physics magic, being launched at them from so high in the sky that he isn’t noticed by the enemy, it penetrates the barriers, causing widespread panic, people pissing and shitting themselves, others running away, arms and legs being intentionally blown off just to cause more terror through screams and sobs. This was supposed to be glorious and beautiful. But instead, we get less than a hundred soldiers wandering aimlessly around camp? Because they can see Rimuru flying so low, they know where the attack is coming from, so there’s no real terror or panic. There’s no limbs flying off. I waited in anticipation for this chapter forever. I’m so disappointed.

>see new chapter
>see HUGE number of comments

Ah yes, I think i'll play Megalovania while reading this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Sancturil no as far i remember Rimuru attack them when they on marching even in LN since i had read it too, also in not about they "need rest" or not but the "condition" when it happen. Rimuru attack them when the enemy on march not when them on rest like in manga also like what other say the megido cleary different not just tiny zigzaging laser but more linear concetrated sun using water droplet

Dex-chan lover
6y4DOAJ

For anyone who still doubt about how manga =/= LN and WN

Fed-Kun's army
@Fuew12 I just now checked the physical copy of vol 5, and yeah, they were indeed marching. However, the main difference is more so that the novel has a day pass by between the moment Razen (in Shogo's body) rejoins the place where the king is (at that time the troops weren't marching) and the moment when Rimuru attacks. In the novel, Rimuru shows up right away instead of during the next day while the troops are marching. That's a very small difference.

As for how Megido works, it's exactly the same. The only thing you could say to be different is that we don't get Rimuru's explanation of how the spell works (nor do we get visual of the process either). Honestly, we're likely going to get that in the next chapter. Rimuru isn't done killing army at all. This is just the beginning. I think the reason the way the spell works wasn't shown in more details nor explained yet is just because it would've interrupted the rhythm of the scene at the end of the chapter too much.
Megido even here in the manga isn't the way you described it.
It's only using the droplets that are closer to the ground as minature lens(that evaporate from the heat when the rays pass through them) to redirect in any direction Rimuru wants. Then Rimuru can also instantly make more of those droplets form where he needs them to be.
The explanation that I mention that was skipped and likely will be in the next chapter is
that he does still gather the the light and concentrates it with many more bigger lens way up high in the sky. We see a gimps of those in this chapter even if they aren't explained yet.

Edit: you said "the megido cleary different not just tiny zigzaging laser but more linear concetrated sun using water droplet", but that's wrong. They aren't "just" zigzaging in the manga. It's still the same as in the novel. In the novel it's not either just "linear" rays either. The zigzaging (
the rays being redirected by the droplets being used as one-time-use mini-lenses
) was also in the novel.

Fed-Kun's army
@Fuew12 Actually, I re-read a bit more of the novel (for the part covered by this chapter) and the explanation I thought was skipped actually wasn't. It is actually explained to the reader after the scene shown at the end of this manga chapter. The real thing that was skipped was instead Rimuru casting an Anti-Magic Area spell over the entire army. Then he used Megiddo without explaining it, and Megiddo's effects were described as such:
"Dancing, swirling rays of light rained down from the heavens, repeatedly reflecting and refracting near the ground and plunging through the knights before they could react.
There would be no opening bell to signal the beginning of the quiet massacre." Then the chapter switched perspective and the next section will likely be the beginning of the next manga chapter.

If you notice, the last line in the quote is the end line of this manga chapter, and the first line that I quoted described the rays of Megiddo exactly the way they were in this manga chapter. The explanation of how the rays are being redirected while near the ground are however going to be explained in the next chapter since it was also like that in the novel (along with how the sunlight was concentrated into rays to begin with).

In conclusion, the manga actually adapted the scene really well.

YAAAAAAASSSSS
DEATH FALLS ONTO THOU
AND MERCY BE DAMNED
FOR MISERY CALLS FORTH
THE ABYSSAL ETERNITY

I stopped reading this at ch58 to read it all in one go, and after half a year, this arc is still not over with, sigh... how annoying...

This and splat are tied for my favorite manga massacres. Which sounds vary bad out of context.

@Notsuki_Ame

I know, and I ended up purchasing all of the light novels. they are MUCH further ahead than the manga and most if not all are on sale right now.

Dex-chan lover
@Notsuki_Ame

It will not end till

Yuuki is gone (Not dead), all of the demon lords treat each other with respect, and that slasher gets a dose of false reality

Users who are viewing this thread