Double-page supporter
I'm not going to go with clones because Ohma being cloned and that clone reaching maturity so quickly is insane. I guess it could just not follow conventional cloning rules. Also, killing your MC just to bring him back as a clone is dumb.

Clones might not be it but something is def going on with Ryuki. Nothing about the timeline presented regarding Gaoh and the Niko Style makes sense with him involved, and it be really, really weird to have a guy looking identical to Ohma who just so happens to be directly connected to the Niko Style.

@RainSpectre they could be brothers or something like that, remember that both are from the inside, and prostitutes can get pregnant too, or their dad could have been a son of Gaoh Mukaku and that person just have a lot of unidentified kids around the inside, it would be a very asspullery move, but at least it makes some sense (at least for the resemblance i go with that option)

@Tusk How would Ryuki know the Gaoh Style, though? He talks frequently about being trained by his grandfather and how he was the one who taught him to kill. Remember, Mukaku went "missing" well before Ryuki would've been born. (Massacre happened ten years before Niko met with Gensai, then about five years Niko spent training Ohma, then another 12 years from there)

That Ryuki was taught Gaoh Style in itself is conspicuous, given that it is vastly weaker than the Niko Style.

Aggregator gang
It's not as if Gaoh Mukaku taught a bunch of kids his style or anything, yes, most of them died in one trial from what i recall, but i don't Gaoh Mukaku died, it was just said that he was never seen again but unlike almost all of his students, there was no body.

So he could have just been dissapointed in his students and went out not realizing one survived and found a bunch of other kids to train.

Or, you know, someone else also knew the style, yes, Gensai said Mukaku was the final master, but maybe Gensai didn't know the whole story or it was something like only the strongest fighter could be called master and after Mukaku died, a fellow disciple took the position of master and decided to teach kids too.

There are reasons that don't involve clones for why Ryuki knows the Gaoh style, the latter one makes more sense to me, and i doubt Gaoh was taught to only Mukaku before, it just wasn't a very common style that mostly died down...because it was a cowardly style and thus not really suited for conflicts with people who knew what to expect and it's astounding that it even survived to modern days, and even then Mukaku felt the need to change it or even look for other styles as Gensai says Mukaku talked to his master to exchange techniques.

It can be that Ryuki was taught by some other practitioner who refused to innovate while Ohma had learned the more useful and improved version of the same style.

Again, i just don't want to assume clones or anything like that, just because Baki did it, doesn't mean every other series will do it particularly when there are routes the author can take that don't involve cloning.

Dex-chan lover
last page : 3 slots left , so here is my guess :

1 slot for someone from the kure clan , because purgatory side has the chinese black-eye guy .

1 slot for narushima , or maybe he will become a spare , a back-up fighter , in case something happens to the 13 chosen fighters .

next chapter : wolf soldier kokuro VS narushima , i will bet my money on narushima .

page 9 :
- if my fighter wins , i want to be the deputy chairman .
- yamashita is actually thinking : ( stupid geezer , this is actually a bad deal for you . your fighter may win , but if we lose all the 12 other matches , then you will be the deputy chairman of a dissolved association , lol , in other words : you will be sitting on a useless seat )

Dex-chan lover
He was actually my first thought when they mentioned a dead fighter, but I immediately dismissed it. It's getting real weird now.

Dex-chan lover
Ohma was apparently in his late 20s and Ryuki is 20 something himself. Masaki is 21 years old; Hayami found Meguro 21 years ago (it’s been about 1 year since the tournament). This being a case of worm impersonation is rather low given the fact that, aside from looks, it’s a pretty terrible impersonation. Same for him being Meguro’s son; Meguro wasn’t an exact copy of his own dad, so why would his own son be as well?

Given the Kure Clan’s obsession with genetics and Edward deriding them as an eyesore that needs to be disposed of while also having their trademark black scleras, I’d say the Wu Clan (if Wu isn’t just Edward’s own surname) is the “main” clan the Kure came from and has also delved into genetic research to produce superior fighters. Maybe sheep cloning will be brought up here.

Dex-chan lover
this is not a spoiler , just my theories :

theory 1 :
i guess in this manga world , there is this kind of technology : they can inject the DNA / body juice of subject A , a dead person , into subject B , a living person , and B 's face will be transformed to look like A , and B will gain the strengths , powers of A . but B can still be looking younger than A , and B can still be bigger , taller or smaller than A .

theory 2 :
- ohma : around 30 years old .
- ryuki : around 20 years old .
- old masaki : around 30 years old .
- young masaki : 21 years old .

so i guess there is a cloning facility that has operated since 40+ years ago . the customers will visit the facility and order : i want a strong son , made me a boy with strong genes and i will adopt him .

ohma and ryuki come from the same DNA , old and young masaki come from the same DNA . and all 4 of them have no real parents , they are actually adopted and raised by some people , because they are man-made clones .

someone ordered ohma to be made , and then a few years later , they dumped him in "the inside" .

the old masaki 's judo dad was actually his adoptive father .

there maybe more clones , with the same faces but different ages , walking around in japan , if the facility made them years ago .

@daywithoutgames That would make sense, considering the whole incident with the people replacing kengan fighters and no one realizing it until post-mortem autopsy. This twist is making the story suspenseful right now, but it could potentially become predictable later on if not done well :(

@RainSpectre Yeah, i remember that Mukaku went "missing", but that doesn't mean that he is dead, and also, I suppose he didn't believe that the massacre was about the Gaoh Style fault or something like that, because of pride or something like that, and he simply repeated the same process about training students, but well, let's see how the story goes, and I hope that the author bring this topic up in the future

Users who are viewing this thread