really done did the cat. anyways, I'm very excited for the pillars to get the marks on their swords

That was the biggest mark so far.

Also the cat died like a champ, not even batting an eyelash.

Cat died a nameless hero doing more shit in one chapter than many characters do over the full series

Dex-chan lover
Is it safe to upload chapters now? considering that MD had to shut down temporarily after the thing with Boruto? and the exact same day that mangaplus uploaded?

Because of course I have no problem with fan translations, but Jump seems to be a problem

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata
It was just an issue of the scans being stolen from elsewhere.
I do agree if that winds up being a consistent issue to consider blocking these series to be read elsewhere.
It's what Batoto had to do, and further back before that Onemanga did the same.

Inevitably they'll be uploaded somewhere unless they manage to kill off the dozens of smaller sites.

@Serenata @shoker
It wasn't just that it was "stolen from somewhere." It was an official release that some group took the paint bucket tool to and uploaded here as their own translation.

More importantly, I really don't see the point in scanlating these major Shonen Jump chapters... the officials are free for a few weeks after publication, and anything older than that can be accessed for $2/month... "But muh region!" Shut up. Get a VPN. They're just as cheap and you should have one regardless.

Dex-chan lover
@Iwashiii
Did you not read the announcement about why Mangadex was closed the past three days?
To quote it:
"To anyone paying attention to the news, the Boruto chapter in question was an official English rip. Uploading official chapters has always been against our rules, and we'd appreciate your continued assistance in reporting any content that breaks our rules in the future. Thanks to all our users for staying vigilant and reporting all official sources, early releases, troll chapters and all other content that breaks our rules."

@Hank
It's mostly due to the official translations being really, really bad a lot of the time. I read the official translation of one of the flashback chapters a few weeks ago and it wasn't even comprehensible.

Dex-chan lover
@Hank
The issue has always been with speed. We've been able to obtain raws for the week days before the official stuff comes out. Over a decade ago some guy was arrested over leaking Naruto chapters that were getting posted online almost a week in advance. Even the past few years we've had the weekly releases on Thursday. It's hard for some people to stomach waiting for the official release when the raws are already out. Again, I'm not agreeing with them but the issue is with the service. If people can get the content faster through pirates than official releases, they're always going to go to the pirates. It's also more prevalent in this community since Piracy is tied to the roots of all things Anime and Manga.

I do agree that I don't feel there's a point to having multiple translations, there are tons of series that were good and have been dropped/forgotten by scanlations for years which could be picked up instead.

did you notice all of jump series' next issues are gonna be on mangaplus on 2 weeks instead of one? when the usual hiatus for christmas/NY's eve is only one skipped week?

Users who are viewing this thread