A shame. Then again, I don't think anybody would think that a new rule would suddenly be introduced. On the the other hand, if he was told about the new rules, would it apply to a fake death note using rule pages of the death note. Since the pages are infinite, he could rip off some pages and make a duplicate?

Fed-Kun's army
@Adokun "A shame. Then again, I don't think anybody would think that a new rule would suddenly be introduced. On the the other hand, if he was told about the new rules, would it apply to a fake death note using rule pages of the death note. Since the pages are infinite, he could rip off some pages and make a duplicate?"

I thought it had a cheesy weak ending, having to add a rule after the fact... that shinigami king was a punk, the kid had outsmarted their system and this was the only way to reign him in.

Death king is shrewd. Simply introduce new rules when someone outsmart the death note current rules.

@John_Doe_Jersey I agree. But at least it's better than some BS like, A-Kira was seen talking to Ryuuk in the park at the background of 2 year old selfie on Instagram.

Also, now that I think about it. Would the rule still apply if the money was kept in a debit card? Last page show him died after withdrawing the money, so you can keep it in the bank and live. If they ever decide on making more one shots or a sequel, I hope they explain more of the rules since there is still ways to work around the rules, like what if you give the money away and have it returned to you, online transactions, accumulated interest from the bank, or if you have somebody else use it for you after buying it. Ridiculous, I know, but the rules of the Death Note always tried to be specific.

The ending was very lame. Ruyk killing Light had a significance to the story because he said that he would do it very early, Light really managed to piss off Ryuk to the point that he promissed that he would kill him. But killing Minoru just felt empty.

@monkry

He touched the money after withdrawing from the bank. Then again it could be because Ryuuk wrote his name. Also, your profile pic made me think that you're crying for him.

Fed-Kun's army
so Trump and Winnie Xi are now officially Death Note characters...

this was a nice take sequel and retake on the original series... wish the old series was back but more like this version...

It'd be fun to see if Ryuk convinces the Shinigami King to come with him for his next adventure with the next kira... would be fun to see it done in the virtual reality world but they die in real life.... sounds untraceable to me but not sure...

Fed-Kun's army
@Adokun "...I agree. But at least it's better than some BS like, A-Kira was seen talking to Ryuuk in the park at the background of 2 year old selfie on Instagram.

Also, now that I think about it. Would the rule still apply if the money was kept in a debit card? Last page show him died after withdrawing the money, so you can keep it in the bank and live. If they ever decide on making more one shots or a sequel, I hope they explain more of the rules since there is still ways to work around the rules, like what if you give the money away and have it returned to you, online transactions, accumulated interest from the bank, or if you have somebody else use it for you after buying it. Ridiculous, I know, but the rules of the Death Note always tried to be specific."

I'm glad they kept it supernatural and didn't allow some security camera recording to identify this kira. I liked the story for the most part, it simply ended poorly, it might have been because of the translation, I thought it was ambiguous on the part "receive money" (Implies to me receive all the money, not partial. If he wasn't paid in full, then it would imply that the bargain to fulfill the contract wasn't met.).

I'll also admit that you brought up a good point, what if the money was kept purely digital or the only money he spent from it was purely from drawn interest? I guess with the shinigami king he'd weasel his way out of this and imply that these would also be a form of breaching the contract. I just felt parts of what I read was way too ambiguous, for example the other members of society accepting the money, would they also share in it's guilt? How about the nation paying the bribe, it has to come out of some form of taxes or printed fiat currency, wouldn't the citizen share in the guilt of the purchase as well if they paid their taxes?

Here is another weird scenario, what if he didn't sell the entire book but only sold pages from it, would the same rule apply or would the shinigami king weasel out on this too. Even one page from the book would be far more powerful than a nuke for first world nations, you could literally play kingmaker from it.

That was underwhelming. And also, why are the rules applied retrospectively? Shouldn't it be applied moving forward?

Users who are viewing this thread