Double-page supporter
@uwubruh sorry, maybe parody wasn’t the right word. I suppose subversion/subversive would fit better. The only reason why i said as much is because i feel opm reads more like a “take” on the standard superhero or action story. a protag’s journey to getting stronger is the meat of such a story, but ONE deliberately took that away from saitama, and thus you cannot wholly read it as your typical shounen/superhero title (at least on a meta level). some of the story’s comedy comes from how everyone else is a character more typical of a shounen, while saitama has very little of these qualities even though he’s THE main character. also shounen titles involve a lot, let’s say, passion from the characters who want to get stronger and be the best. Not only is saitama already presumably the best, but he’s also apathetic to a fault. I didn’t know what ONE intended opm to be categorized, but I think I am justified in thinking it not simply falling under the superhero genre, but can read a more nuanced take on said genre.

But i am glad some fighting scenes will be coming up soon! I hope they will feature saitama and mr. flashy steps too ^_^

This chapter was amazing. The art was incredible. I really looked forward to this fight and it definitely didn't disappoint.

Darkshine is definitely the king of the Muscle/Strength-based heroes (excluding Saitama's strength of course). He's Leagues above Puri Prisoner and Tanktop Master. He's like the manga version of Luke Cage with both amazing strength and defense but of course, leagues above him too lol. Really enjoyed his move set as well and finishing moves. I really want a new better One punchman fighting game with him.

Also despite how people are saying its taking so long im loving the anticipation of Garous development. We can really see how much effort, frustration and grind is taking him to level up and each level up gets cooler than the last. I cant wait to see how Murata does Full monster Garou.

@sketchy333
the story’s comedy comes from how everyone else is a character more typical of a shounen, while saitama has very little of these qualities even though he’s THE main character.

To be more specific. It's the humorous contrast that comes from his interaction with those characters,
which a certain fight later in the arc hinges on.

Dex-chan lover
There's something about watching two big men with bare muscles passionately going at it, and I mean really pounding each other, that deeply satisfies me. Can't put my finger on what, though...

Double-page supporter
@uwubruh yep that's totally accurate. the way saitama goes about his normal days while all these other mega-serious heroes go through life-changing stuff is the funniest!! and thanks for the spoilers, i very much look forward to this fight 😁

Everybody who have read the webcomic are patiently waiting for the conclusion of the arc. Garou vs saitama. Yet the best fight ever in the series (at least for me). I've read that part in the webcomic at least 5 times already. Hope murata stay true to the original (or make it better)

Double-page supporter
Wow, Garou AND Saitama in this chapter? Has the manga gotten back on track with the main characters? We even saw Genos!

Dex-chan lover
the crazy dog garou is still alive ? FUKKKK . crazy dogs should be killed by humans , this is a merciful act .

i HATE garou because his ideal is total bull-sh!t , he just loves to kill anything that he doesnt like : humans , heroes , monsters ... , and then he adds some lame excuses to his actions . he doesnt kill the ugly brat because he is a sh0tac0n ped0 , lol .

if his ideal was "i just want to be recognized as the strongest" , then it would be better .

page 23 , the hypocrisy dog garou dares to say : it all stinks . the stench of hypocrisy is making me sick ??????

1hrrdGr.jpg

Dex-chan lover
ok, just how much damage is Garou supposed to be able to tank through? This is getting beyond Wolverine levels of bullshit.

this is getting ridiculous, they make garou too OP and make Hero too weak. damn this story is getting shit about garou, hope he lose soon. because when got broken bones he still can move again and unleashed all powerful moves. this is getting more and more annoying

@Deathhappens @nazrulstylo
Well, pay attention to the story build up.

He ISN'T able to tank that much damage and he ISN'T able to move with broken bones.
He's on the same path Saitama took, destroying his own body by doing more than it is capable of. His limiter is being broken, which means he's getting close to becoming a second One Punch

Users who are viewing this thread