Fed-Kun's army
@kavinh
my understanding is much of the 'padding' are ideas signed off on by one, things he wanted to do but ability got in the way or side stories he thought of but didn't put into practice.

@illusion_moon You probably haven't read the webcomics.

Right now, after every fight Garou is undergoing a monsterfication. Like the saiyan in Dragon Ball, he's becoming stronger fight after fight

And about Garou vs. Tatsumaki, in the web comics...

He defeated all the S class heroes and Black Sperm without problems
x14.jpg

Double-page supporter
The biggest problem with One Punch Man by far is the constant cliffhangers and cutaways during chapters.

Finally a chapter that kind of breaks that tradition. Kind of, because it still featured Saitama and Flashy Flash, albeit for a short time (and didnt finish the Garou fight).

Of course, Saitama is the protagonist, what Im saying is one chapter should focus on one theme. Like this one did (kinda), with good results.

Another problem, somewhat related to this is the number of different heroes, narrative threads. And of course, none of the heroes can die.

So the threads will just multiply and in numerous private battles, constantly changing, switching back-and-forth between battles.

So far, we have like six different and separate battles at the very least (atomic samurai, child emperor, zombieman, garou, tatsumaki, sweet mask), and those are just the battles.

Visually, the story is falling apart. The narrative will keep it together, but it is to the great detriment of the story.

@illusion_moon I read it as Garou being a sort of deconstruction of Shounen heroes. Whereas Saitama started out unbeatably strong, like Dio when he first shows up in Stardust Crusaders, Garou is the kind of hero that constantly gets stronger and stronger with each fight, and tends to win through sheer tenacity (or even just plain luck in certain instances). The thing is that Garou is playing the villain role with serious motivations, while Saitama is the hero just because he's bored.

@Reichenberg
What if something happened that brought all the ongoing battles to an end at the same time? What if opening all these threads is exactly what ONE planned so he could do something crazy?
I can't say much but you should really give the webcomic a shot, I feel you would understand better what this arc is going for.

Contributor
Darkshine's bizarre anatomy in this chapter reminds me of Rob Liefeld's art....

f5Aqo8X.jpg

Double-page supporter
@jerrybubbles

I 've consciously refrained myself from reading the webcomic so far.

This thing with the different heroes and constant back and forth switchings is going on since at least in the last 20 chapters or so.

There were a few good parts, like zombieman with the vampire, because the story could actually focus in something once in a blue moon.

I dont know what ONE's great master plan is, but you can separate heroes and make them realize "the big thing" separately in a few (1-2 or so) chapters.

This is just too drawn out. The constantly changing separate scenes just drain the story.

Fed-Kun's army
Garou proving himself to be one of the best characters in OPM once again.

Also, I still cannot get over the fact that King's streak of being seen as a powerful hero is still going on.

Dex-chan lover
@FaolenWolf
I just read it. Are you sure that's supposed to be Blast? Because Tatsumaki would absolutely destroy someone who only has size going for them.

Double-page supporter
Oh cmon just kill garou already, what is that? a shounen story about getting stronger by meeting stronger people and loosing fights at the beginning but then some sh*t happening and getting stronger in fight? I wouldn't mind him but it is just boring to see same sh*t about him getting strnger when getting beaten up.

Fed-Kun's army
So Garou basically similar to Saitama o guess?
Only He's now breaking his limiter.
i've not read the original so i'm speculating...

Dex-chan lover
OH SHIT SON
dude at first I was like Garou? eh whatever
but with his character progression I'm getting the same vibes from when Goku was starting to exceed his limits and made Dragon Ball Z a popping sensation

Power Uploader
In the original webcomic, Garou
doesn't actually defeats Tatsumaki. She was already injured by her previous fight and overdrafts her power.

da

@bvdaf when you think about it, rarely people died in One story, the evil doctor is alive, the bald hammerhead guy is alive, and as long as those guys redeemable, they will, and you haven't read the webcomic to know why Garou don't die

Users who are viewing this thread