Double-page supporter
Uruka winning is such a dumb idea after the manga has thoroughly put Fumino in the heroine role. At least have the balls to make the Teacher the winner to satisfy the majority of the fan's desires if you're going to fuck the logical story ending. The original ending precisely got a ton of shit for having Uruka win, so forcing her as the winner in the manga is impressively stupid. This is why harems are shit, especially popularity based harems that don't have a clear goal / story / winner.

@Yautja yep, thats the exact reason why I always dropped harem romcom like this. Not only the author just wasted all the heroine (except the main one), sometimes the stories seems dumb. Some times when I read romcom like this, and suddenly author slowly made it into harem, I questioning his/her decision to made this decision. Why? If the author really want to make a story where the whole traits of heroine exist in the story, why don't the author make another possible love interest for them? Not just 1 dumb clueless hopeless generic MC who win them all just for the cause of the stories? With many traits of heroine, with their possibility love interest, not only the stories can last long (because author can developed their characters and relationship more), author didn't need to make shit tons of filler for every single heroine for the one shit MC.

Its not like hate all harem stories. I like harem stories where none of the heroine are wasted. Especially where the harem route exist. For example, recently I read LN Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki, I quite like the harem stories. Because even though this is harem stories, we got development per heroine, and the MC married them all. Not only that, other heroine (with more traits) got their love interest too, so we got more development for them (yes, the male characters not only MC who got the girls, but side male characters got it too. Even some of them have their harem too.). It more interesting to read to this kind of stories rather than have 1 dumb luckiest man in the stories, but just prolong the pain of every heroine for hoping their love will got answer.

Sorry thou for my Bad English and for those who love this kind of genre of the story. Just my honest opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@MTerra
because of her progress is quite shallow compared to the other girls no to mention the other girls seem more fitting for the options.

This was already weird and sudden, but now his dad's ghost is telling him who to pick out of his harem lovecom? Uruka isn't bad, but is this really the best they can do to set her up?

Fed-Kun's army
It was at that moment when Uruka had a "problem" with her future career, I knew she was gonna be the chosen one.

Dex-chan lover
The shipper butthurt is strong in the comments.

Here is the newsflash, any of then "winning" was fine because, unlike another series, there was focus on every character that had their own arc and being mad because your ship doesnt win is exactly that ... being mad, not because the series is bad but because your horse didnt win the race.

And that is the truth ... pathetic. At least *I* ditched 5toubun not because of the winner (since I did that well before that, back in the Kyoto trip) but because I realized Negi was playing mind games with the reader instead of actually developing the characters and I realized all it was going to do was making "gotcha" moments and I wasnt going to play that game, if BokuBen was is bad ... why are you here complaining about the ending? the series havent really changed from the start and this isnt a asspull as Uruka was the first girl to say she was in love with Yuiga, saying its predictable doesnt cut it either since Uruka wasnt on the first chapter, Furuhashi or Ogata was the predictable ending.

While I would like sensei to win it, I think Uruka is still worthy. Uruka had a lot of significant storylines that fleshed out their relationship, what I find disappointing is that the main reason she deserved to lose was staying silent about her affection towards him for so long it allowed other rivals evolve, it was always hers to lose.

Dex-chan lover
Haahh.. another dropped series I guess.
and also yeah I dropped because my ship just don't work and that's it.

the series overall is good all of the focus on the character all good. development also good. but this end is just disappointing.

Uruka did the first and the longest to realize the feeling and pursued it tho.
but the flashback really just used to justify the end and not mean of the end.

@Kiyoshiro
Pretty much. Uruka must be the character with the least development in the whole cast. The only thing going for her was swimming and cooking. Even her confession was forced because there wasn't another chance. And it's too strange that just recently we have to go through flashback namek to force development with Nariyuki that never had in the current manga while also half-retconning some events like the motivation thing after his dad died. Truly disappointing.

I really enjoy reading this series. It's funny, nicely drawn, cute and I like all of the girls as well as Nariyuki. But I'm not the most demanding reader either to say the least. :D Just feels kinda rushed right now...
Fumino started to get me on her side with her story and all but I shipped Uruka from the start so I'm really happy with where this is going.
I actually had given up hope on Uruka 'cause I honestly realllly thought Fumino would become the chosen girl. Somehow the manga led me to believe that.

Double-page supporter
@jackblk yeah mate, and the author even use the forbidden "sudden flashback" for the sake of author's forced ship, and I've never seen this kind of stupid plot device since Nisekoi.

Users who are viewing this thread