Fed-Kun's army
@Swagner I don't necessarily agree with him, but understanding the point and agreeing with the point are two different things.

Dex-chan lover
@urmumske, trying to kill everyone else is a very stupid solution to a blood feud that goes back centuries. It is like pouring gasoline into a fire and hoping it will go away.

Therefore Eren has gone full retard. Never go full retard. xD

Comments on Mangadex are always psychopathic.

We are talking about killing millions of people, men, women and children, countless innocent people, how on earth can such a thing be justified?

It is as if the Jews unleashed the atomic apocalypse on the world to take revenge on the concentration camps.

Probably the author did not expect his readers to be delusional to the point of praising genocide.

That call back to Marco death hit me hard. This is the second time what I thought was going to be a throw away death hit me hard.

Also @naughtykitty , its specifically mentioned those who died without ever finding out the truth, that's why Sasha is excluded.

Dex-chan lover
Talk no jutsu here we go!

But i will only have it after Hizuru gets tramples by titans.

A magnificent chapter, a group of weak and imperfect humans who choose to do the right thing. Facing their demons, their sins, their anger, they decide to sacrifice themselves for a world that rejects them. Great themes, explored in a simple but effective way.

The smooth way in which they decide to attempt dialogue is simply perfect. No shonen bullshit, but a group of mature people wondering: was it really necessary? Was it inevitable? Was it worth it to shed so much blood? If both sides had been wiser, could we have found peace? Can we still fix it?

And of course punches and tears, because there is no way it is that simple. Serious stuff.

Meanwhile, in the comments, people praise the genocide. WOA. Definitely irritating.

Dex-chan lover
So, either let your own friends and family die, or do it to the rest of the world. Innocents on both sides.

I'd say letting yourself be killed is the lesser of evils, but after getting all the hate from what you personally didn't do, can you blame them?

IMO the only peaceful solutions are: Deterrence, if the rest of the world can promise to leave them alone. Perhaps place a few Eldians that can transform throughout the world in every major city as a guarantee.

Or maybe they could settle somewhere that it would be inaccessible to normal people, even with aircraft. He could command the titans to move the earth and make mountains, and use it to build impregnable walls with said mountains and hardened titans. Or just make inaccessible cliffs/walls around Paradis Island. This will only work until the outside world invents nuclear or something though.

There's also the issue with Paradis Island having resources that can't be found anywhere else, so the rest of the world's coming for that anyway.

@amassu more like apply flamethrower to burned area

Dex-chan lover
@Mattopui This is a good case study of how holocaust happened. Give people an enemy that wronged them, increase violence against them little by little in name of retaliation and in the end most of population will see extermination of enemy group as justified.

And since I can only have praise, I add: the comic subtext with the soup is perfect.

Dex-chan lover
I admit, I didn't like Jean's character in the beginning. But he deserves a life of day drinking everyday for the rest of his life. Cause damn...

(I mean, they all do after this shit. But a lot Jean.)

If Eren kill everyone the history is only going to repeat and I think he knows that more than anyone.

Fed-Kun's army
I dont know Hanji, Im not sure Erwin "use a spear, not a shield" would agree with you.
Well, I guess he was into suicidal plans so maybe he would have gone with them, but he also knew when it was important to become a devil so I think he would side with Eren

Dex-chan lover
I love how on pg 18 it shows those reactions and then shows Levi just laying there in the last panel. 😁

Dex-chan lover
@Asta so...then what do you want Hange to do? Just let genocide happen because she has no power to prevent it? So because she cannot provide a counterargument to genocide she has to go along with it so therefore genocide is justified?

The only real alternative is to talk it out even if they have to shout at each other because there is no easy answer to this. Kill everyone but you have now permanently stained your hands and your people will have to live with the guilt of doing that forever. Talk it out to a potential resolution and the suffering may continue to happen in the future. If my childhood friend is willing to sacrifice him or herself for a cause like genocide, I do anything in my power to stop them if provided with an opportunity. See, you say that no good alternative is provided but what would it take to be a good alternative versus genocide? Talking to Eren is probably the only alternative that does not cause violence.

Is this some sort of big brain plan by Eren? Player 3, enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of thing?

The only situation in which enemies "talk" is if there is an impetus to. Like, mutual goals, to avoid unacceptable losses, or disparity in military (physical) strength; all of which Eren is providing with the Rumbling. It could be a win-win sort of gamble for Eren too, with a preferable outcome.

Contributor
@Skyu so what next if your childhood friend doesn't stop after you talk, do you kill him for the sake of people who would want nothing better to see you dead.

And if Eren doesn't want them to live with the guilt they dont have to live with the guilt

@aptop6 why would history repeat itself if he kills everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread