Glad to see such wonderful drawing in this chapter!
Much good resources have been saved!
Many... anatomical... studies will be had.

Dex-chan lover
@uwubruh
"ONE: I also love it when a series creates friction between drama and humor. With One-Punch Man I wanted to try doing that through the worldview itself, rather than through specific plot points."
How can you interpret this quote as anything aside from putting the humor and drama on the forefront of the story?

bet at the end she about to lose sitama gona come out and kill that ... thing

Dex-chan lover
fubuki : im scared , can i hold your hands , handsome old men ? please dont leave my side . please stay by my side . everything should be okay as long as you leave "it" to me , i will make you feel good , old men .

plot hole : if tatsumaki locates the loser , zero heroes by their locator devices made by the brat child emperor , then how can she locate fubuki ? fubuki didnt receive a locator device .

i bet puri prisoner 's device is inside his a$$hole , lol .

i guess you can say : the virgin brat child emperor "wets himself" , in many ways . his body is covered with the "bodily juices" of a monster , then he vomits out the "juices" , lol . also note that his barrier has 3 holes .

page 8 : flashy flash is still in denial : those lumps of flesh just retreated by themselves . there was no way that your weak punch could destroy them all .

Group Leader
Why does it feels like the picturation of the whole debate over oppai lovers vs pettanko lovers on the internet ?

Fed-Kun's army
Tatsumaki truly deserves her title as strongest esper. Also glad Mike Wazowski didn’t die lol

Fed-Kun's army
I come for Saitama. I never see more than a panel or two of him. Why am I still reading this?

@boag
You said comedy is always at the forefront, not drama. That's not the case and that's what I was arguing against. That quote doesn't contradict anything I said and I was using it to prove that story's sole purpose wasn't intended to mock battle manga.
@jimkage
Or you could just finish reading the arc already in the webcomic, especially considering it's much shorter than in the manga.
@UzukiP
Don't know. The story as a whole doesn't really focus on Saitama. Once again, you can just read the webcomic if you want more of him.

Dex-chan lover
@uwubruh
no dude, thats not how words work, the specific statement is there, and you brought it up yourself, the statement is plenty obvious that he wanted Drama and Humor to be what drove the story, not specific plots.

and what exactly could you call so many events that clearly mock the usual shonen battle tropes?

long dialogs interrupted via punch.
a sudden powerup becoming meaningles.
the hidden boss was already killed.

anyways, ill be more specific with my complaints so as to not allow anymore "creative arguments"
In particular i have an issue with the tournament arc, and the monster asoc arc,

The tourney arc being from when Saitama signs on to the super fight and ending with the death of the Karate demon
And the monster asoc starting with Garoun getting taken by phoenixman all the way to the current chapter.

The tourney arc was down right pointless and now i have proof, since Suiryu has been introd into the webcomic and seems to have no development at all from after meeting saitama.
and the monster asoc mainly with Orochi, specially with how much it has not only derailed but also inflated the arc.

Somebody please tell tatsumaki to wear panties if she's going to fly freely everywhere

Psykos became the top tier evil-monster waifu!
Holy shit she looks cool at the last page!😍

@boag
the statement is plenty obvious that he wanted Drama and Humor to be what drove the story, not specific plots.
I don't disagree with that though? Do you understand what I'm arguing? It's this statement of yours I was referring too.
"The comedy was always at the forefront."
You said comedy was ALWAYS at the forefront, as if the story doesn't take a break from humor and switches to drama for a while. To which I used a quote from the author that says otherwise. It also proves that in his creative process that he didn't intend for OPM to be a parody, being that there is no mention of any of the sort.

long dialogs interrupted via punch.
a sudden powerup becoming meaningles.
the hidden boss was already killed.
A mere 3 gags that can be interpreted as parodical compared to the numerous jokes in the series that are just derived from Saitama's personality clashing with other characters through dialogue and his presence alone.

Also I didn't think too highly of the tournament arc (and I just said I wasn't pleased with every narrative change made in the manga) but Suiryu obviously can't exhibit any development in the webcomic because that arc never happened in the webcomic.

Dex-chan lover
@uwubruh

You said comedy was ALWAYS at the forefront, as if the story doesn't take a break from humor and switches to drama for a while. To which I used a quote from the author that says otherwise. It also proves that in his creative process that he didn't intend for OPM to be a parody, being that there is no mention of any of the sort.

yeah i can actually agree with this, because my main complain has been how many of the added material seems to focus mainly on fighting than either humor or drama.

Users who are viewing this thread