Damn, Gaolang was one of my favorites and i thought he was one of their top fighters but there are too many red flags that he may lose. Its pretty obvious they are gonna start this by making a strong person from the original crew lose to wake them up. So its sad he had to be first. And saying its an automatic win is the biggest Jinx you can give lol.

Also, im pretty sure he msu lose cause the guy is either a kickboxer or a muay Thai fighter. They are usually a bad mix for boxers.

Power Uploader
@0takuDragonSlayer, maybe, maybe not, it's just bugz me that alot of people went to cheer for him, while his style/character is generic in my opinion, proud muai tai fighter. My boi Okubo wasn't recognized at all :V

Contributor
rest in peace gaolang , u will be remembered as the guy who got defeated for the sake of uniting the kengan team.

Imagine if Gaolang actually does win and shits on Purgatory and the comments of this chapter for calling a red flag
Not that I think it'll happen but it'd be funny

Dex-chan lover
Gaolang? Muteba? The interactions, the hypeness, goosebumps...and whocould forget the freakin comments on this chapter...everything's so so awesome!

Thanks for translating, made my shitty day a better one for sure

@SSJR2 I wouldn't be so sure about flags this time around. When in one of the earlier exhibition matches, that writer dude was getting heavily foreshadowed to lose or maybe even get crippled, and he dealt with that shit.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was established that Gaolang is a Muay Thai practitioner on top of being a boxer. Remember his fight against Agito in Ashura. He relies on more than just punches, so that's probably not going to be a weakness here. My guess here, this hispanic dude is mainly going to have an edge in hand speed, and being a boxer himself I don't think he's gonna pull any of that grappling bullshit either.

@cadaver_maneuver Yea i agree with you and i do now remember him being good at Mauy Thai too. I do hope your right and he breaks through all this bad foreshadowing. It would suck to lose him so early

Only 13 matches after all? Looks like it's gonna be shorter than kengan round 1 :/

I got a feeling Carlos will have a respectable loss, but Yumigahara will murder him backstage.

@pdonk
Between this and Ippo, Mexican boxers are stepping up

Mexican boxers have been historically very renowned in both manga & real life and chosen as Last Boss level for boxing manga, such as Ippo, Ashita no Joe. Mexico has given birth to over 200 boxing world champions, more than any country worldwide. Thing is, they shine in the thinner classes. I'm always happy to see that Japanese manga is good at portraying Mexico's position as a boxing leader.

Users who are viewing this thread