It is rather bold to make assumptions about what someone needs to survive in this world when she hasn't been outside the house since she was (re)born.

Dex-chan lover
F

Heh. She's so clueless, but this might legitimately have a good influence on Ain's upbringing, so...hmm. Who knows?
That said, it'll really suck if he turns out to have needed that poison resistance.

What's the duke planning to do if his son dies, though? Does he have a backup plan, or is he seriously expecting reality to slap her out of it soon enough to make up for lost time?

The Duke DOES have a point about making him immune due to reasons like assassinations, rival families, etch.

BUT, and I say this as my own opinion (take it with a grain of salt), I do think the MC also does have a point. The Duke should have been proud of his son and cared for him more even just a little. Just because he needs immunity to things and become strong doesn't mean having a little bit of love and support/care from his parent isn't needed.

I hope in the future, Ain can get the middle ground. Immunity from poison AND love and care from his own biological father lol.
N1UraDC.png

@papperless I think they mentioned “villain” because of their bad reputation in being involved in a lot of bad incidents while also being in a high position that it means they must have a lot of enemies and discontent directed towards them that can’t be shown directly.

I agree that it’s a normal reaction in a modern perspective of us in common descent but they aren’t living in our world plus they have a pretty desirable position. The best thing about it is that they have such a bad reputation, if they died, nobody would probably investigate it and all the other nobles might even celebrate and now they have power and land up for grabs without consequence aside from the difficulties they might’ve faced to kill the duke’s house discreetly.

He may grow up “loved” and become happy but for his household, I can only say that it’s “sheltered and ignorant” and anyway, who would protect Ain if a bunch of his servants turn out to be the best assassins in their world. They could use reallyyy slow acting poison to get through a poison tester someday, and Ain will just die because of a “heart attack” or something. His previous teacher was already shown to be a spy, what’s there stopping for more attempts in his life.

Estelle’s house is an unfair comparison (if I remember correctly) because they aren’t villainous because they did crimes, they just have blood that make others fear them instinctively. As a house, I don’t remember them being dishonorable so they’re more like “someone to fear, but better left alone” since they’re also basically superhuman aside from estelle. Attempts on their lives would be nothing but a death wish, unlike them, the family here are just human and easier to kill.
Even estelle was kidnapped albeit for magic reasons but you still can’t argue that she should be taught how to protect herself from danger

Edit: I read more comments and imma just say, it’s “realistic”, sure, but people need to adapt to their surroundings, not the other way around unless they have the power to support it or they’d likely end up dead.

Fed-Kun's army
Anyway... I agree with the dad tho.. while in Roman, do what the Romans do. She's not in the 21st century anymore. Her way of thinking is right. But the place she is right now, doesn't allow it.
I think she can still love Ain and give her support while he endured those training... :')

But most importantly...

F for the team... XD

@Isekailoverrr It's not like they just have bad reputation, in original story they are evil, both the dad and mom are straight up abusive to Ain before the mom got isekai'd.

I agree Estelle is a poor comparision, but literally no isekai nobles/manhwa suggesting giving their children to take poison, hard beating, etc because that's just straight up abusive. "Protecting Yourself" doesn't mean you have to hurt yourself to the extreme in process expecially when you were just a kid, you just need to grow a brain (aka not being naive) and some defense mechanism.

@papperless i went back to chapter 1 and the original story says that the Chide family had always been involved in “incidents” and that got them a bad rep.

I just wanna point out that he’s not really beating him up for the fun of it and though poisoning is a traumatic process, the father himself is living proof that the method works (though irl it might not) and they’re controlling it so he won’t die.

I get that a child still shouldn’t go through all this because it’s the parent’s will for him to do it as they’re practically born just to become an heir to all these responsibilities but on the other hand, he will still likely succeed his father and I just think, at least it’s one less thing to worry about.

It’s a hard argument but you gotta do what you gotta do for survival.

@Isekailoverrr kinda curious of their history ofc, probably we'll see it in the future.

Well Ain can handle it, so it doesn't much of a problem in this specific story, my point is the mom is also right... she's not annoying eventough she doesn't know anything yet, that's a normal reaction and it's not like the kid cannot receive both (training and affection). The parents can do all of them in-between.

@papperless I guess that’s true, plus I think that Ain is just gonna compensate with it somehow in the background by dealing with enemies himself like the duke so he’ll probably manage.

Users who are viewing this thread