She belives in what she wants to belive in and that's a bit sad .
I don't think Ain will change so what she is doing right now is take away his poison resistance and weakening him .

Thank you for all the of the translations! This is such a good story :)

Basically, MC: I know everything that I'm gonna do is right because I've read the novel 😊😍🤩

@Rover she honestly comes off as a very unlikeable person to me tbh. She is forcing her beliefs on the family because a bad thing can happen when this seemed like a practice that was a long-held tradition, actually has a use for their line of work with not doing so would actually endanger the son more and actually rather safe all things considered (it's not like their ancestors died doing this or they weren't careful with the dosage when it could result in the only son dying) when she doesn't understand a single thing about the house, what they do and how they do things. Honestly considering dropping this series entirely cause I actually really dislike this person

Double-page supporter
Simple explanation for the duke's arm disappeareance :

-> When he eat breakfast it make his body feel heavy
-> He has eaten breakfast the day he lost his arms : so his body was heavier without his arms
-> His arms are full of helium and they pop like a balloon or fly away through the window when he eat breakfast !

Double-page supporter
OMG the hats on the super secret baddies meeting. 🤣 Some how I'm saying "super secret baddies" in my head with the voice of Trey Parker..

I mean, you can't really blame the MC. Not only is she from a peaceful era but none of the Chides attempt to explain anything to her... They should just tell her what's going on. If it goes on like this then they (aka those nobles) will just end up poisoning her...

Fed-Kun's army
I'll put it on hold for now and I hope when I come back I'll discover that Ain died because Roselia told him not to do his training then she became mad and evil, make evil babies with the duke and they all rule over the kingdom as one happy evil family (but without Ain obviously). If it's not what I discover I will be quite disappointed I must say.

@grownbean I used the term Karen because the MC is an annoying female character that acts like a know it all especially in relation to her son who we know for a fact she doesn't know jack about the kid as well as for things she actually has no idea about but still gives an opinion anyways (her son again and the family in general) so I think it was used in the right context.

@Skiphon she's a caretaker from another world who has been in charge of raising kids and has suffered from abuse from her ex-fiance's family. Of course she'd take action when faced with what appears to her as child abuse, especially when she has the knowledge from the novel where Ain becomes a twisted psychopath in the future. Seriously, I think more or less anyone would act this way in her shoes. I don't think a single person who had worked as a caretaker and is now in the position of being the mother of the kid would just be "oh ok you're poisoning our child on a daily basis and still forces him to train while he's under the influence of poison to the point that he threw up during training? oh that's great, we're great parents".
I don't know how you're expecting her to behave but I didn't have any trouble with this character. She's acting like any person would act tbh.

Fed-Kun's army
So for all the dumbasses saying "Oh how could people defend the Duke feeding ains poison" or "the comment section is full of psycho defending child abuse" here's your proof dumbass, here's the red handed fact that the chide family has to be ruthless cause in the game of politics and nobles, it's you or them, this is why the female lead is dumb and those commenters who think she's right are dumb, ains ain't a "normal" child to begin with, he pretends to be "kind" because the kid wants a maternal parteintial figure, just like the Duke has a issue being detached from his own emotions and doesn't understand what he's feeling or how to react with his "wife".

The main female lead,she gets me mad, she has read the book, she has to have a clue on the internal political strife, her soft handed approach would be deadly in that environment and before you throw your emotional dribble at me or some dumb argument "oh ains just a kid, how could you think he should have harsh training!", Reread the chapters where he threatens the servants and the chapter we he straight up murdered the spy and come back to me with "he's just a kid", ains ain't normal hell his own father has seen his ruthlessness and knows the kid, is playing a role.What does ains gotta do ? Does he have to straight up do a torture session to make you understand?

Dex-chan lover
If you know all your enemies are going to be gathering in a secret location at night, why not kill them all at once. Why wait around for them to strike

How old is this fucking kid?? Doesn't she think it's time to give him some privacy?? He certainly seem old enough to wake up with morning wood. Sheesh. If, as a teenager, i woke to any of my parents in my room I'd freak the fuck out. Not cute.

@Skiphon maybe go on urban dictionary....it applies to actual bob cut Karens irl, not parents who think they know best for their kids lmao. that’s a different term altogether.

Ok she seriously needs to wake up from her fairytale. Yeah love and affection will definitely benefit him and his future growth. But girl... there are people actively plotting to kill his littlw butt rn. If he doesn't continue his training, he is more likely to suddenly die and then where would she be. I like her but if she keeps this naive stuff up she's gonna start falling into that annoying airheadded overly innocent fl trope. The one who thinks no one can do any wrong. She should also eventually understand why the duke has to get his hands bloody so often. If people didn't try to kill them around every corner then he wouldn't have to constantly murder assassins and traitors. I'm hoping for her realization and acceptance of their situation while she still tries to give Ain all the love he deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread