Worst ending ever, what a let down. I really liked Muteba's particular ending, but this is only bullshit...

@Demomanowar
I was with you up until you said this was a tournament. Its not. Its a 1 v 1 team battle. There are no rules that say when ring outs should or shouldn't be used.

Altho I still agree. Medel really devolved over the course of this fight

@AnimationDude Come on, you know what I meant. Bracket or team battles, it's duels in a row. Whatever. Point is, having an upset due to Purgatory ringout rules in about the middle would have been effective at setting a "oh shit, Kengan totally forgot about the rules, now they might actually be in trouble". Like the villains revealing their specialty and signifying our heroes now had an uphill battle. Revealing Purgatory's trump card in the very first match devaluates not only Gaolang/Medel but the entire rest of the kerfluffle, because now everyone is keenly aware of it, and it's no longer a trump card.

No matter how you look at it, it's blowing your load too early. A strategic mistake for Purgatory, and a pacing mistake for Sandrovich.

@Demomanowar
It was never meant to be a real Joker. Just an advantage given to Purgatory.
No matter when this came into effect, the kengan fighters that came after would've been just as on guard.
It really changes nothing about the current circumstances.
The Kengan Fighters were ALWAYS in trouble objectively speaking.
Feels like you're putting too much stock in the worth of the ring out rule

@AnimationDude
"No matter when this came into effect, the kengan fighters that came after would've been just as on guard."
Precisely. Operative word : After.
Purgatory just nullified their advantage in just one match. It doesn't matter if they're still in their own turf, they just nullified it for the rest of the competition, if not worse. Wakatsuki will yeet whoever opposes him clean off the ring. Okubo is a throw expert. Ohma's water kata is made for ring out too. It doesn't really matter if it wasn't meant to be a trump card from Purgatory's perspective. You never show your hand too early.

But as Kengan Omega, as a manga, is concerned, Ring Out will forever will be "how a little bitch owned one of the most favorite characters of Asura and will never be a surprise again". I'm talking narratively here. No matter how I look at it, I cannot see how it could possibly make the rest of the fights any more interesting than if Gaolang had won fair and square.

It only turned ringout into something most won't want to see anymore, and an advantage Purgatory just lost, and will thus have to make up with bullshit instead of strategy. No matter how you look at it, no part of the audience wins here.

Without ring outs and other secondary win conditions, there's no points to any rules other than "don't kill 'em too bad" which makes the story predictable. Having them be possible makes it so the story isn't just about two meatheads punching each other's dicks off with increasingly greater pseudo-science nonsense, but with two meatheads punching each other's dicks off with greater pseudo-science AND having to use their brain for more than just beating their opponents pseudo-science with their more intelligent pseudo-science... and actually use tactics and create their ideal combat scenario to win.

You guys are giving this move way more precedence than it demands. It was the only way for someone clearly outmatched (after the deus ex machina hand smashing montage made it one sided) to have a winning chance at victory. The name of the game isn't smash face, it's to win without cheating. This is season 2 of a almost-mystical but grounded battle manga, where there hasn't been any real secondary wins, or anything other than "Heh, nothin' personnel, kid" and unga-bunga Combo B. Combat (even professional fighting) is more than whose stronger, it's whose smarter, quicker thinking, and knows their surroundings. Retreating and defending can actually be an aggressive move, and not purely defensive.This is also a battle manga, where chapter ends are always cliffhangers, and this is a big fat one dangling whose the winner and the other fighters reactions over the reader's head—there's more to it.

@Demomanowar
Yeah, but just cuz they're aware of it doesn't mean "lol, now i know your trick so it'll never work on me."
Agito and Ohma knew about the devil lance before their fights with Gensai started, didn't stop them from getting stabbed. they showed their hand the second that ring out rule was announced

The kengan side having guys who are good at throwing doesn't suddenly mean GG either. Assuming the other team isn't aware of how to avoid getting ringed out just feels like REALLY wishful thinking.You're really getting bent outta shape over nothing. Kinda like a lot of comments here.

Dex-chan lover
Medel got styled on. If this comes down to a judge decision and Pendejo gets the win I'mma call BS.

I'm angry that they built up Medel as this striking god that was bitter that he never got good fights to further himself but proceeds to throw all that out the window by getting mauled and trying to squeeze a win by technicalities and unfamiliarity. What happened to "it takes a boxer to beat a boxer"? What happened to "let's have a fight to the death"? They wasted two good characters and three ish chapters on an a lame conclusion. this entire fight could've been one and a half chapters if they wanted to point out the rule difference from Kengan to Purgatory, why even have all those useless flashbacks to Medel when it doesn't even fit him at the end?

Users who are viewing this thread