Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing Medel took the measures to win this double ring out but it's hard to say since we don't know the exact rules for these circumstances and we didn't get a detailed description of what exactly happened during the fall.

Often the rules for such cases are: whoever touches the ground first loses. But then there's often the more ambiguous rule that the fighter who is determined to have been the one attacking is the one who wins, even if they touched the ground first in order to break their fall. Now it's quite clear that Gaolang was the one punching Medel out, but Medel was the last one to "attack" by "throwing" his opponent out of the ring (though if you consider he's ended up underneath Gaolang, I would not consider that he dominated the exchange).

If draws are allowed, it could be a draw.

It draws are not allowed, and the circumstances do not allow determining a winner, then they will likely be asked to fight again (and Medel is in no shape to continue).

It's too bad Medel's master plan did not allow him to throw Gaolang out while staying in the ring and honestly, if you look at the way he throws Gaolang out, by ensnaring Gaolang in his legs, while arching his back and head as far down as possible, I can hardly believe that Medel didn't touch the ground first. Ah wait, he also grabbed Gaolang's right arm so that would be sticking out and touch the ground before his body. Are there cameras all over that can record who touches the ground first? Because there's only one referee that I recall and they're standing on the ring with no view on that action.

Well like everyone, I do think it'd be lame if that's indeed the case. It's still done according to the rules, so I can't fault Medel for doing what he needs to win.

I wonder how the crowd will take it.

@humbleoverlord

Don't worry. Medel will train his skull through partial training and gain the incredible headbutt technique: God Shiny Forehead.

So a expert fighter like Gaolang in boxing and muay-thai (two rings scenarios) forgets about the ring rule. Makes sense.

Aggregator gang
...you know for a fighter that was mourning being denied a good fight, Medel disappointed me here.

Since author went down this path, I'm now fully expecting Wagatsuki or Julius to straight up grab their opponent and yeet them off the ring. I'll accept no less.

I like how gaolang face always looks like he did something bad and try to hid it

Every match from now on will devolve into increasingly ridiculous ring out shenanigans. Place your bets how long before a banana peel gets involved?

This was well played on Medel's end. He was basically getting Gaolang all heated up and aggressive while being in the defenses, he knew Gaolang had so much advantage over him except for speed and played it to his advantage. Everyone didn't know this would be the outcome. Having Gaolang become arrogant in his judgment might lead to a tie or a lost depending on if his arm landed on the ground first before Medel's back.

Can’t wait for the fang match to happen where the sixth fang is going to attempt to ring out himself, but the fifth is going to either not give him a chance or going to follow him and still beat the shit out of him.

For fuck's sake, people, the problem isn't that Medel played to ring out, it's that he was introduced as the only one who could possibly out-box AND out-honor Gaolang, became arrogant, then angry, then a vindictive little shit in such a short span of time. If his personality had stayed the way he was introduced instead of devolving into some kinda Dick Dastardly, him ringing out Gaolang WOULD have been a neat trick. As it stands, it's just a shit, frustrating end to the fight.

And the ring out should NOT have been played out from the very first match, other wise it's just as @ExtraOrder said, it's not even about real combat anymore, ringout will be on the forefront of everything from now on, and that is not how you pace a tournament. Author should have wait two or three matches at least.

Contributor
even if gaolong lost, at least he proved that kengan can hold it out against purgatory.

Dex-chan lover
Underground people play dirty eh...
I should but I really didn't see that coming.

Users who are viewing this thread