Dex-chan lover
@radstylix It was actually totally different, as someone who was kinda tired of these revisions I recommend this one.

soo, is this the new cannon story? kinda liked the old one (2nd time he drew it--1st revision) better but this is not bad either.

Fed-Kun's army
I see all of this people complaining as if they're surprised about this when we've known for weeks that we'd be getting revisions of these chapters and it confuses me a little. But I suppose some people just don't keep up with Murata's twitter or the OPM discussion to hear the news.

And honestly while I get that this can be frustrating for people, as a writer myself I understand the feeling of wanting to go back and change something earlier in your story to reflect how it's shaped to be later on. For a lot of types of stories, we don't get to see this revision process because it's all done before the stories are released to us, hidden from view without the pressure of regular releases. But manga don't work that way and most manga artists don't get the chance to think too much of what happens later on or go back and revisit what they want in the pressure of new releases being required on a weekly or bi-weekly or monthly schedule. If one artist gets the chance to break the mould and actually work to improve their series and make it the best version it can be, I don't think it should be discouraged.
I don't know if this is happening because ONE hadn't thought that far into the webcomic before or if he just failed to communicate what would happen to Murata and then Murata felt he needed to change past chapters to reflect the recent webcomic developments, but either way it's not really that bad. We often think too much of the state of things while the manga is still being released, but remember that one day that will end and the manga will then remain unaltered. It might take ten years or more for the manga to complete (very possibly more), but once that happens the time during which OPM will live on as one complete story will be far longer than that and it is not surprising that Murata/ONE would like to deliver the best story they can in that regard. The weekly/bi-weekly/monthly release is ephemeral, but the complete product is forever. So, no Murata and ONE don't exist solely to satisfy your craving for new developments every two weeks, it is equally important to them that the story they create as a whole is good, too. If you would prefer to read a story whose writer has no passion for it, I'm sure you'll find plenty lifeless ones that get churned out every week though to satisfy you.
Of course I'm not saying that Murata/ONE should miss the forest for the tree while they continuously remake the same stuff, but let us not exaggerate the situation here. A couple revisions now and then does not mean much in the large scheme of things. You still get to enjoy your scheduled OPM like normal most of the time. So really everyone's just complaining because of a temporary inconvenience that will soon go away. Really Murata even said he'll work on the next (new) chapter immediately after finishing the revisions (which are now done as you can see), so we'll get it soon. If there ever was a time to complain that was when this "hiatus" started, but now it's over. So get over it.

Contributor
Holy fucking shit guys ONE IS THE WRITER - HE IS DOING CHANGES IN THE STORY NOT MURATA

Dex-chan lover
A real good revision this time around, it adds to Child Emperor's character.

Supporter
Ehhhhhhhhhhh... Revisions to the most drawn out fight in the series...? Really Murata and ONE...?

Dex-chan lover
cover page , saitama is yelling : yo , mad dog garou , standing in the rain is so stupid and edgy . just use an umbrella or a rain-coat .

page 6 : the robot 's name is B.G. = Big Gaaay ? lol .

"this is a mental area that can only be shared by people in costumes" , OMG , this must be the most stupidest sh!t that i have ever heard .

"this is a mental area between you and me" sounds better .

and what is the exact meaning of "people in costumes" ? people who wears a normal shirt or a normal pants ? in this world , there are only 2 types of people : "people in costumes" and "totally naked people" ?

page 10 :
- virgin brat child emperor : being a hero is so stressful .
- then just quit , you fukking brat . being a hero gives you a lot of money , but if you still refuse to enjoy and have fun , then just quit this job .

page 28 : virgin brat keeps yelling because he also feels the pains of the robot ? then he is really stupid to design this robot that way . the job of robots / armor suits is protecting the weak human bodies inside , have you ever seen tony stark yelling in pain inside his iron man suits ?

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly I really like these changes, it actually adds a lot more to what originally felt like a pretty serious and standard fight.
That said, Murata, ONE, you guys really gotta let this go. This arc will never be perfect no matter how many times you revise it. Please for the love of god move on.

Users who are viewing this thread