Supporter
@Fari

The species have to be similar enough that they can, at the least, successfully bear the child in the womb. Somehow I doubt that Reptiles and dragons "looking similar" is good enough. For one, how big do you think a baby dragon is? Even if they are similar enough, if the dragon grows too big in the womb..

Also, again, no such thing "dragon material". It'd just be DNA, and it doesn't "run out" or any such nonsense. They have dragon bits, HUGE fresh pieces, they have plenty. They can now simply copy it, sequence it's genome to computers. With advanced enough gene editing they could recreate it from scratch if need be, using the previously saved information.

The material may be helpful for researching the dragons *body* and perhaps ability, and having more could help there, but not for cloning.

If they had a live male and female pair they could find out how they breed in the first place, which could be helpful.

With an intact female and with advanced enough tech(far beyond what the our world, or the one in the manga has), they might be able to create an artificial womb, but not from the corpse bits they have right now, which are male anyway. I'll also point out they can't "bring back" dragons, which never existed in "our" world in the first place.

Also, does anyone really the mercenaries thought of cloning and decided thats why they wouldn't sell the whole corpse? Why would they care about something like that, let alone even think of it? Especially when they easily defeated it.

The Men in Black arrived . After all that Dragon nonsense ( seriously, that was a huge slip on our not-loli MC, to let the mercenaries to take Dragon parts to our world ), they surely would be around :p

Dex-chan lover
And now I'm super interested again. The isekai setting set in our world is a more interesting direction to tackle this, not that I don't love a good territory development.

Dex-chan lover
Funa 101
Step 1; Be a loli
Step 2; Get isekai'd
Step 3; Create a loli harem
Step 4; "I am a Goddess princess queen witch from another dimension- Also I have skewed common sense because Ah've been livin yonder boondocks for years, donchaknow?"

Dex-chan lover
@Kachidoki : iirc form the webnovel
the FSB... now you just need to know what country that is.

@Mojo : that organization no longer exists, for a couple decades now.

@DianaNites
That's some huge leaps of tecnology and some misunderstandings, first even if they have enough DNA to do a flawless mapping (note: that likely could works as a root for the universal tree of life instead), it's nessesarily a bunch of still living cells because is unknow how its works and the blocks dragons use for its bodies (as an example they are more than 70 aminoacids possible, yet life only use 22, a literal unknow world respect fats), protein/enzymatic routes, epigenetic and a whole so; things that we're still figure how it works.
Second about clonning as far I remember the poor female dragon (suck your luck if their nether parts are nill) was "underage" (prepubecent or begining her sexual maturity) so MAYBE her eggs could be usable fot that but as said above their shape resembling reptils doesn't guarantee they being one (hence the importance of said mapping ans being enough similar to not being usabe as a root); for example dragons could be an entire new clade of teratropods or their more related animal being birds (or monotremes), making said development a workless effort
And of course you didn't forgot than, despise their idioticy (and conveniently omission of mitsuha's part), dragons are a full human-like sapient species and the whole lot of canned worms that it's imply, right?

Like magic or magic or magic
>he literally runs out of idea after the first one 😂

Fed-Kun's army
Is it bad that even though i didn't watch the anime, Nanoha was referring to Magical gir lyrical Nanoha???? 😂😂😂

Double-page supporter
@sjmcc13 Yes I know, but #1 I love cold war era spy movies so it's my favorite, and #2 this is a fiction so I got a bit sloppy with facts. I did re-read the novel and I don't think the author actually didn't name names at all. Oops.

Aggregator gang
@Shakur Nope my friend, an analysis is a must. Even on earth there are fossils of living beings that looked like reptiles and weren't even close related. Just Imagine the differences on genetic levels from a totally different world. Science is not that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread