Double-page supporter
@Iratana Luffy post time-skip is 19 years old. Since humans usually don't remember anything before age of six (and yes, I'm assuming that everybody's brains in OP work basically like humans), she'd have to be at least 25, with about 30 being more likely.

Dex-chan lover
@Ruhrpottpatriot Which is why I said she could've been around the same age as Hiyori (who was approximately 6 years old at the time, 26 as of now) or Momonosuke (who's currently 8, but would've been approximately 28 if he hadn't been sent to the future). But yeah, I think we're probably looking at 25-30.

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO REMIND ME OF ACE, I’m crying again! Whyyyyyy! Fucking magma bastard isn’t even relevant atm.

Guys calm your tits, she's going to stay there and won't join luffy's crew. Her chance of getting in his crew is low to nonexistent.

Double-page supporter
@Karretch To be more precise: The phenomenon is called "Childhood amnesia" and people usually don't recall anything before age four and way (compared to usual memory loss due to passing of time) less before the age of ten[1]. The latter age highly depends on a child's education (especially music or other arts, as it increases the connection between the two parts of the brain) [2] and children from less wealthy families usually develop slower in general. Currently studies are performed in India to see how poverty affects child development, physically and psychologically. The preliminary results are pretty bad. It is estimated that regular malnourishment can throw children back as much as six years at the age of twelve!

In addition to that, children need about until the age of eight to develop an instinct of self-preservation. Yes, they sense danger (via the behaviour of their surrounding, or the lack of the latter) and feel pain, the two key factors and make themselves noticeable, but this is copied behaviour from adults and children can't combine the extrinsic factors into the intrinsic conclusion: "This situation is dangerous and I need to flee or fight". They will do what their parents tell them to do.
A more modern example: Children will (unless instructed otherwise) follow any stranger they don't see as a threat and who baits them into following (candy, telling that they were sent by the parents, etc.) and as behaving non threatening is trivial for other humans, this is a behaviour child molesters exploit regularly.

So to witness an execution and draw the correct conclusions from it puts her in the range of six to ten years, if not older.

[1] Eacott, Madeline J. (April 1999). "Memory for the Events of Early Childhood". Current Directions in Psychological Science. 8 (2): 46–48.
[2] Hayne, H (2004). "Infant memory development: Implications for childhood amnesia". Developmental Review. 24: 33–73.

-.-
-_-
Do we need a new girl in every arc?
That was a total bummer tbh...

Fed-Kun's army
Being reminded of Ace hurts QAQ Anyways I'm simping over Izo and Marco, fine ass men

Users who are viewing this thread