Thank you SO much for picking this up!!!
Also, I completely agree with Kannagumi: "nice to see people not willing to fold under an *its been licensed* excuse to drop something"

Dex-chan lover
EACH SEPTEMBER WE REMEMBER WHEN FLAMESCANS ARRIVED

Checking the translations, there does some to be some variation, though it's possible that one did borrow elements from the other more as a test-run than plagiarism. I don't think it's fair to call it a straight rip, though.

Someone who is better at Japanese could probably compare them and see who is more accurate to the original text.

Whimsub vs Flamescans
A2.png

W3.jpg
A4.png

W5.jpg
W7.jpg

A6.png
W8.jpg

A7.png
A22.png

A22.png
Note: I think the fact there's a translator's note indicators the guy actually can read Japanese, and isn't just ripping off from Whimsub
W25.jpg

A24.png

Not all the differences, mind you, just the ones I think are significant. I don't know how malleable the Original Japanese is, though, so I could be wrong and he could have just used different synonyms and phrasings

Translations good, just stop bolding words, it makes me pause on that word, especially words like "alright", but just stop doing it in general please. (every bold letter makes me read the word like the person is raising their voice on that word, it's really weird)

Users who are viewing this thread