Dex-chan lover
I think the Purgatory people don't know about his poison trick either. Though I don't have any proof to back up that guess.
And the Falcon is living up to his name with the pseudo-flying trick.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my God they made my boy Rihito a jobber.

they made him dirty.

Dex-chan lover
can this chuuni nija lose already? or they gonna make him get a draw? smh my head

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe that Rihito's going to cut himself open to drain the poisoned blood just like Naruto.

Dex-chan lover
@Dramsss

You need to look up the definition: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jobbing
The term is relevant because, as this is a story with all of its aspects controlled by the author, there is a perception that some characters will just lose in certain situations, for the plot.

It really doesn't matter that the battle was hard fought; we all knew that Gaolang had one job when he faced the Fang, and that was to lose. He did it in style, but he still jobbed.

In fact, when keeping things simple, jobbing is just seen as a synonym for losing (scroll down the urban dictionary definitions) so the use of the term is just accurate.

Dex-chan lover
@chucke1992

They could also be smart.

The tournament is set up so that one side sends a fighter, and the other decides who they will send to counter that fighter.
For the first two rounds, the Purgatory side got to counter the Kengan side.

Now here's the thing: if you have a fighter who has a trick, and the other side can consult your fighter's data in advance and decide which fighter best counters that trick, then that fighter essentially becomes useless. To put it simply, when you send out a fighter first, you don't want him to be a fighter that relies on a trick, you want him to be generally strong and not have any weaknesses that could be exploited. On the other hand, when countering an opponent's fighter, you may very well want to use your tricksters so that they can be used in situations where they're not countered.

In the first round for instance, Purgatory's fighter was confident he could take on Gaolang because he had considerable boxing experience and when you consider the weight class, he clearly punched above his weight class.

With all that said, we kinda saw the Purgatory fighters self selecting who went out so it doesn't seem like there is that much thought going into countering the opponent's fighter from their side. (I mean, the purgatory fang wanted to take on Gaolang and got stopped, so clearly there's no defined plan on their side.)

I'm sure that we'll see some Purgatory fighters who are much less reliant on tricks and showmanship. Also, these trickster fighter have still managed to get to the top of Purgatory, so it's not like their tricks are so easy to beat, even when they're known.

Dex-chan lover
@Abedeus

Don't forget about the 'Medicine man' from chapter 9 Kengan asura, his whole gimmick was smuggling stuff into fights. https://mangadex.org/chapter/3784/13

Group Leader
Lol I really didn’t expect the Chinese poison hand (I know it’s his big toes, but Baki did this too) technique. Can’t wait to see how Rihito turns this around

Users who are viewing this thread