if my guess is right.. in japan believe..if by any chance human or onmyouji knew the real name of ghost or similar to it... the human can give absolute order to that ghost.
correct me if this wrong

Double-page supporter
@lionfromnorth
I'm willing to bet that he would be named that if there had been a population of dark-skinned people in feudal Japan.

I mean, this dude called the Cat God "Black" just because the cat is black...

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the author should've established the characters a little more before jumping into clan politics.

@thomas4721 It's not just limited to Japanese mythology. Controlling a spirit, demon, oni and whatever with their true name exists in many other cultures and mythologies as well.

Dex-chan lover
So the idiot was just trying to impress a girl... and we learn this AFTER the arc...

@MrMcNasty It's just an easy and lazy name

@Liver Yup... the author had a mini tournament arc without setting up the characters at all... even for generic characters, you often want to set up something... but not a single one of the characters are properly set up... not even the MC...

Honestly, I don't know how this series has 15 chapters... it's not that popular in Japan and I can't find anyone who thinks this is actually good... sure, many think there is potential, since once the characters are set up, it can be interesting.... so it's worth scanlating and reading for free... but that's it

I'm beginning to question who is the real protagonist in this story. They focus too much on the "enemy" side.

?????????????? Is all I have for this manga. I was wondering why the rating
was so low when it looks so interesting, now I know.

To think that his name was one of the most common name for a cat in japan. Totally unexpected. Yep 100%

Well... interesting so far.

But this kind of pacing keep bugging me. Shouldn't all of this finished in, like, chapter 6~7?

Aggregator gang
Naming a black cat the Japanese word for black. I see this MC is descended from the long line of OP protagonists with awesome naming ability.

@deathmailrock Actually no, we were told earlier

Ch 6 mentions the boss challenged them to the match
Ch 8 he specifically calls out Uruka
Then on Ch 9 he'll throw the match is she admits defeat... so clearly this has always been about her.

Maybe if you paid attention instead of hating on every/any little detail...

Dex-chan lover
@Alekhzandr Yes, he was wanting to challenger her. And she's the challengers. Also, he was just being a dick.

And finally, this series doesn't actually do the stuff well. It over rushes the plot and gives very little character introduction. Every little thing in this is rushed. Hell, it's over pushed forward and isn't being done well. What you are mentioning is tiny minor moments and the first 2 literally mean nothing towards that point. Hell, the point you mentioned in chapter 9 could just be him being an arrogant dick.

That is clearly not enough.

Users who are viewing this thread