imo your 'fix' is shite but if you have problems with the translations then just go join the translation team and correct it there or keep it to yourself lmao

"reee let this guy translate, more versions is good"
he literally just read the misfits translation and reworded it the way he wanted. he didn't do shit.

Going have to agree with @CapableCivet about this new "rewording."

Reading this version beside the Misfits version, Misfit version is a better quality with word choices and better at delivering the flow and impact of the story. The Benoniys version lacks the same feeling with the lower quality of vocabulary he used.

Group Leader
A few of us compared all three versions and it looks like this was entirely re-worded off of the WH TL (which must have been tough given how rough it was). I think benoniy might have just missed the alternate group button 😥

Dex-chan lover
The people saying this was a waste of time are truly the wasteful ones.

Aggregator gang
This "translation fix" is just bad. You took the fun out of the manga by rewording some quotes and as consequence they lost their effect.

I hope you understand as constructive criticism and not as people whining about your attempt. What may give some the wrong idea was you calling yourself a grammar nazi who was dissatisfied with the other translators' work and would "fix" their mistakes.

You could have sent a message to the group and offered your help to see if they could get up to your standards. Now, you did all of this publicly and will be judged by that.

I hope you understand if some people try to give you a "sick burn" for your behavior.

Fine I guess I'll not do this then thanks @Vicic and @Thorn344 for letting me know that Mistfit's are already doing this, I really didn't expect people to hate it this much and it saddens me greatly that I can't meet their standards. Thanks to the people who gave me constructive criticism . If I have discouraged Misfits as some have suggested then I apologise and would like to say that I never intended to directly insult or degrade them (although i can understand how the splash page could be taken that way) and in fact after looking at their version I can see that it is better. I will be removing this version in a few hours and I'll probably never post anything again.

So thanks to everyone that provided me with the useful information I addressed above and sorry to the people who took this as an insult.

Well I think I don't agree with your new chp with your own style. Like, I know you want something that you like and maybe you hope anyone can like that too, but bruh, please do you want mistfit's get annoyed and stop their work?(already in so many case TL drop their work because something like this) if you really want "fixed up" this manga, just go on apply for Mistfit's group, duh!

The quality ain't really that bad and I don't see any reason to discourage the scanlator.
Ya'll need to lay down on your TL fascism

Double-page supporter
@benoniy
The fact is that this series had A LOT of "scanlator drama" in the past, and for a while it was even abandoned, until the anime brought attention back to the series and a bunch of Anon picked up the manga (the misfits)

this is why a lot of people are angry at your release, they are feed up with translator drama and don't want to repeat anything of what happened before

Btw your translation is good, but if I had to make a criticism I'd say that the font and typesetter need to be more consistent

I hope you aren't discouraged from this, don't worry too much about anonymous comment

Fed-Kun's army
I suppose this was (at least mostly) made before Misfit scans released their version of chapter 1? Because before that, a better translation was really needed. You had bad luck, but I hope you still had fun making it and feel you've learned something.

Group Leader
@benoniy Misfits figured it was a misunderstanding, don't worry. As a PR for the team, I can appreciate the work that went into re-wording the WH version. Come chill with everyone on the Iruma chat server, if you'd like! https://discord.gg/gkynKQ

Users who are viewing this thread