Group Leader
@Istvan90623 while it probably won't affect her career, she is more or less unemployed now, and with the very complex associations with the manga, she won't get money from future reprints, anime, merchandise and so on because all of that will be cancelled. It's a very difficult situation: you lose a friend/co-worker, a job, all the emotional investment in the series, all in a single day. Even if WSJ holds their promise and give her some new series, it's Jump so it can get axed in the first year or less, and then it's three to five years of her life lost in a dead end.

Fed-Kun's army
2020.08.08-06.00-boundingintocomics-5f2ee84a3bb65.png

He had some nice hobbies

Dex-chan lover
@andrescutieri She'd barely get anything from those you listed anyway. A few years ago the author of Gintama, Soarchi talked in an interview about these things, and he said that aside from a few notable exceptions (like Toriyama or the OP Author), mangakas see almost nothing from all those connected products, anime, merch etc, and essentially their only source is the manga sold. A beginner artist wouldn't get a Toriyama level contract right off the bat. Even if the next work gets axed soon, the industry itself is huge, and since she is talented, it won't be that hard to find something new. Surely, loosing your income all of a sudden sucks, but the situation is nearly not as gloom for her as people think, it's been overreacted based on their own image and misinformation.

Dex-chan lover
WSJ promised one more, final chapter. It will be released immediately in a physical volume.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan That's not what they said. The series is effectively cancelled. The last chapter, 123, was publishes on the WSJ issue that hit the market today. There won't anymore chapters, volumes or reprints. Act-age is dead.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan That's what I'm telling you. There's nothing more, and there won't be anything else form act-age. The series is done. You will need to show me where is this announcement you speak of.

Dex-chan lover
@Kamui https://comicbook.com/anime/news/act-age-manga-canceled-weekly-shonen-jump-arrest/ I confused the volume with the issue of the magazine itself. But the essence remains the same, the last chapter will be released only today. Chapter 123 is not the last.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan The last chapter is 123 which was released today in Japan but not in English. There won't be anything else from the series because of its cancellation. The only reason this chapter was published at all was because the scandal broke out after the magazine was printed and sent to the stores.

@Cerain why would you want to directly support someone who has been conformed to have assaulted children? I would love to have the story continued just as much as the next fan but I would not want to support him in any way. Maybe it would be better option to have another writer come in and finish the arc to finish it.

If you want to support someone from this series, please support Usazaki-sensei
https://mobile.twitter.com/uszksr

Sources:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-10/shueisha-cancels-publication-of-act-age-manga/.162773

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan Because I'm an idiot and pressed the wrong key on my keyboard. I did edit my comment when I noticed the mistake, though.

Users who are viewing this thread