A Boy Who Loves Genderswap Got Genderswapped, so He Acts Out His Ideal Genderswap Girl - Vol. 4 Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
@MidnighTea Is he wrong for desiring to avoid a certain genre? This manga never had a yuri or shoujo ai tag. I dont mind either but if the genre of a manga was changed midway it would be normal for certain readers to be upset because it isn't the content promised.

Dex-chan lover
@LordTartaros It doesn't have "romance" either. The tags are put there based on what happens, if some new developments happen then the tags are changed. The story has not promised either straight or gay shit, but now it seems to be heading towards the straight path.

Dex-chan lover
@MidnighTea "Yuri is relatively new"

Now there's a joke...yuri has been present in Japanese media since at least the 70s. Just because you weren't aware of it doesn't mean it's "relatively new"...

(edit: fixed the name reference, had the wrong person there sorry))

Contributor
Let's be honest here guys, if you magically woke up as a member of the opposite sex one day with fully functioning opposite sex body and altered brain and hormone cycles you sure as hell would fall for the person you already liked and loved as a friend in your previous form pretty damned fast because you already know everything you like about them anyway. and now that your brain chemistry is set up to actually find members of your former sex sexually attractive you don't stand a hope.

Aggregator gang
Glad to see yuri fans are as annoying as ever.
"Yuri is relatively new"
LMFAO. Lesbians have been given benefit over homosexual men for all of history simply because men find the idea of kissing other dudes nasty but find the idea of two girls making out hot.
This is why hetero genderbender is so good. The mentality change from "I'd never hook up with another guy" to "you know what, guys are actually kind of cute/handsome..." is so damning for men that it's always a joy to read.
Meanwhile genderbender yuri is just "I'm a girl now, still like girls". Meh.

Dex-chan lover
@dy4y @MidnighTea Ok ok, I got it. Don't be too angry. I know most gender benders are like that...but it's still not enough. Gender bender genre in general doesn't have that many works for me to read and be satisfied!!
I don't know. I love yuri, but I guess I like shounen ai a bit more cause I'm always shipping the main characters with their male friends more than their female friends in gender benders. But it might also be because I find it a shame if it turns yuri. Like, they're both girls now, they can't have children with each other, I wanted to see what their children look like...that type of a feeling. A slight feeling of loss. Also, they're already attracted to women, we don't get to see them being flustered and cute and that's also kind of a shame. But when it goes the other way with a male best friend or something there is a sense of gain! Now they can fuck and make babies whereas before they couldn't! Now we get to see them being flustered over having feelings for a guy and all that other cute stuff that I live for!

I'm just nitpicky and biased. Sue me!

@Kevadu Huh? I think you were trying to reply to someone else...? Because I actually don't want it to turn into a yuri here since I've read so many yuri already.

As someone that has been reading Gender Bender translated Manga since I got into Ranma, I would really like to see what place their reading from to that 99% of gender bender manga has hetro pairing. From what I've seen, there's vastly either lesbian, nothing happening or the translations stopped before something happens. There's very few hetro GB manga out there from what I've seen (And I've seen a lot since I scored every inch of Batoto for GB for a time) (Although that maybe is changing...hmm).

Now, I understand it'll probably be the other way around if you include GB western story as from what I've found, it's mostly GB hetro fetish stuff with very few actual lesbian stories (though from what I've found, there seems to be a surge of GB lesbian for a while now as it seems the LN crowd gets mixed with the GB western crowd).

LN GB stories that are translated also has the same ratio of Hetro to Yuri as Manga, as it's also mostly filled with what I call 'I want to be lesbian' stories.

Edit: Also to add, I also understand that just like western GB, the more....risque....doujinshi out there as vastly hetro with very few same-sex.

Also also, there is very few FTM GB out there in all media I've seen with most of them being a what I call 'I want to be semeuke' stories. So that's a sad state for FTM.

Group Leader
We all know where this is going, so whoever was hoping for some ACTUAL yuri can start packing the bags

Dex-chan lover
@dy4y yeah it's not a romance manga but a comedy one but still the tags give a rough idea of what'll happen. But when it comes to romance aspect these kind of things are decided early on in the story like you know if the character like females or males immediately. It's unlike a tragedy tag that can be added in the later arc of a manga to better match a change of tone. What I mean to say is that a manga keeps true to his premise in most cases and the readers have expectations based on it.

Its foolish of you to think the Yuri Cult will stop at shipping. The Yuri Cult always think anything is Yuri if its a girl. And Yuri Pregnancy is always a way. But i think what my fellow Yuri Cultist means is that Genderbend Yuri Hentai/romance is low compare to Normal Genderbend where protag fall in love with the male char. Sure now its starting to form but its still low compare to normal genderbend troupe of "I become a girl so i will date/mate with the opposite sex."

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, I keep seeing this is every hetero GB manga, but yurishitters keep pretending that Yuri GB is a minority when it just isn't true at all. Hetero GB is far rarer.

Dex-chan lover
You guys need to expand your horizons and look at stuff besides Japanese works. Of course yuri will seem over-represented if you're only fixating on one cultural source. Here.

http://www.fictionmania.tv

There. Hetero GB is objectively not rarer than yuri. Go read one of the very literally thousands of stories on that site that have the hetero GB content you're so dying to see. I recommend in particular the works of "The Professor", or "Reif" to get you started. You're even more spoiled for choice if you stop by DeviantArt or follow captioned images there (esp. like 99% of the works by https://www.deviantart.com/tg-cradle but they're hardly the only one making this sort of content. I could point you to like at least five others). To claim you're starved of hetero gender bender is essentially claiming that you're dying of hunger whilst in the middle of a food-themed Mario level.

@MidnighTea While true that hetero GB works are the majority if you put all GB works in a whole (Mostly thanks to the sheer quantity of fetish stuff and writing something being easier than drawing), what your saying for people who are complaining that Hetero GB being far rarer to go read things in Fictionmania is like saying to someone that feels there's too much isekai anime to go read western action novels. Both are in totally different mediums and feel as well as one being a written work with western themes and the other an animated work with Japanese themes.

Besides, fictionmania (And other western story sites that has GB theme stories*) stories have a totally different feel from LNs and Manga (One of the feels being that the vast Vast VAST majority of them are set in American Culture), so you shouldn't really lump them together when your saying something is too prevalent I reckon.

Edit: * This is besides ScribbleHub and RoyalRoad, which while having the same feel (sorta) to Manga/LN, have the majority of their GB works being shoujo-ai/yuri, nothing happens or stories dead.

Dex-chan lover
The irony is that if you're to ask most Japanese audiences, they *would* lump them together.

In Japan even "The Simpsons" in fact counts as anime. So I'm not making any apologies for lumping stuff together. And on the global whole, yes, GB lesbian energy is goddamn rare in the big picture. So people complaining about its prevalence in one subset of one medium can miss me. I have no f***s to give and besides which it's not like the mangaka will ever see this comment section anyway. Thank God.

And this is why we the Yuri Cult have a bad name. You need to do some research my fellow cultist member. There are a lot of genderbend Yuri novels NOW, yes NOW not back then. Like the recently updated novels are usually Genderbend Yuri.

On another note its fun seeing both side fight, but its funny how you mock us the Yuri Cult while you are doing the same thing, asking for a 'Hetero' Genderbend while there are a lot of that too. Also i LoL at the thought of someone looking at this and think its still straight, the pairing in genderbend stuff never be a 'Hetero' stuff even if its with a male.

Except if you are thinking body stuff is different than mind stuff, but eh i dont wanna talk about those. It attract the other accursed community that the whole anime community hate.

Users who are viewing this thread