A Capable Maid - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Wow, I usually don't comment much on this webtoon, but that was a really well used (and also translated) bubble speech! For once it's believable the "mc couldn't hear well important speech" trope. Props!

fufufufu

I loved that "hardly audible" bubble as well! I hate when they blur it, it's like I don't have my glasses on and it's very bad for my eyes. But this effect was awesome <3

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand what he was trying to do from looking at her hands. Is the pill crumbly and heavily dyed? Was he trying to look for residue of the pill on her fingers? If so, he should be able to see it on her lips or tongue since she fed it mouth to mouth.

Double-page supporter
Western Emperor is on to her now. He'll be looking for an opportunity to prove it.

Now he's probably thinking Crown Prince is purposefully hiding her as a maid.

@Aichan He noticed that the hands that helped him were relatively delicate and how they looked. So he was trying to confirm since she said she was the only one there.

Double-page supporter
@Aichan he mentioned her hands were beautiful. I think he was also looking for signs she might be the lost princess.

Wasn’t it a secret that this guy is a king? Why does she know now? I really like the art and the story is not bad, but at some points it’s not really thought-out .... that black haired guy came with the intention to find her and said he’ll recognize her at first sight .... now he’s only suspicious?
Also isn’t she a princess from a really small country why does the ruthless emperor want to marry her when he already conquered her country ? Just to gain popularity? That’s not really reasonable 🤷🏼‍♀️

@Fagato

I think because Johannes is powerful enough to override a maid’s words, he just let it slide.

Also, emperor needs to marry her because she was the princess of the land he conquered, and during wartime, she was regaled as a hero after helping many. They hold her in high respect, and by marrying her, will subdue some of the unrest you get after conquering some land. I think a earlier chapter just focuses on this.

@Fagato EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING! So utterly confused. Are we missing a panel where she met this king as a kid or something? Maybe there's a stupid ss that isn't as side as it should be. But then the ML knew too, so maybe it must have been revealed?

There's something about the black haired guy that irks me. Not his fault, just not my type. Glad he got cockblocked.
If we're actually getting a love triangle, I'd rather have the long haired boy. He's sweet.

Dex-chan lover
ROAR!
I love this XD He's so jealous!

My opiniohn is that initially the Johannes was just thinking Marie might have been the one to treat him. But seeing the Prince like that... he might actually be a bit suspicious now that she might be Morina

Oh, and probably when johannes fell ill the entourage was forced to explain he was the king. That's how it's now a known fact.

He's getting suspicious with Marie as his savior and that's quite dangerous or unfavorable to Marie as she still wanted to hide her identity.

Dex-chan lover
That "my property" line had me deeply concerned. I thought the next panel of her face was gonna be one of terror while the new guy starts figuring things out.

@Fagato
She's quickly becoming a symbol for rebellion. I have sincere doubts that the emperor treats the general populace well and if he doesn't put the fires of rebellion out, that small nation is gonna spread unrest to the rest of his empire. Her infamy has already spread to other countries which is why that other guy is running around looking for her.

My second lead syndrome is starting to kick in. 😣

*pls don't let Johannes be a perfect man. let him be evil so I can get over it right away if ever he gets killed off of the story* 😶😶😶😶

Users who are viewing this thread