A Capable Maid - Ch. 25

@SourLem from the clues, she actually points out the little Prince as the culprit behind the fire. With the suspect being minor and likely not having a strong political will, she sees it as an accidental fire by a child.
This also happens in modern day. What would normally classify as arson if over 18 or gross carelessness , is just accidental fire due to likely not having an intent or the maturity to handle fire sources and the right reaction to outbreaks of fire.

Me thinking: "don't be the little price"
The comments: It's that prince
me: comeee on
I hope he doesn't get punished

While Marie is definitely getting more and more capable, which is amazing by the way, I’m getting worried if these knowledge and skills are one-time use only. Are they only accessible for the situations that needed them right after each dream? Can Marie sculpt as well as she did, cook dishes with unusual techniques, or solve more crimes years after the dreams? (Regarding the piano skill, didn’t she mention that she knows how to play the piano and that’s why she was drawn to it before the music problem even occurred?) Sure, knowing all these stuff might make her too OP, but not being able to reuse the skills will not really sustain her capability in the long run.

Fed-Kun's army
whatever happens I'll ship her with Kiel, the only sane one...? >.>

Not an cunning guy that sees her as object, also not the murderer of her people, the guy that sees her as human and likes being around her

I dont know why, but I hate the Western Empire so much. Especially its king. There’s just something wrong with his attitude? The way he carries himself? Im not particularly sure, but I just dont like him.

For the people thinking East Crown Prince is any better than West King....remember he said he would kill Marie/Morinsa if she refused to marry him.

I wonder if her next dream will be about a defense attorney and she will have to defend the young prince against charges of arson.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1
And he will kill her if she refuses so it means he actually doesn't cares about his reputation and is prepared for the consequences.

Dex-chan lover
Out of the available shipping options, Kiel is hands down the best for Marie's well being. Although my genre savvy powers are telling me that's unlikely to happen in the end. 😐

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi Even with that.. I'd have to think anyone who forgets that the eastern prince has been trying to murder her for the last few years, the brutal conditions of the dungeons he sent people into and so on is actively trying to die.
@FelMisT I see no argument there that remotely makes the eastern prince a better choice as the Western prince has attained the high bar of not actually attempted cold blooded murder or planning to force himself on her in exchange for living.

Dex-chan lover
@RamenRider Eastern prince isn't trying to murder her, he's trying to murder the princess, and actually we don't even know if he plans to murder the princess. And yes I know she's the princess, my point is, he hasn't directed any hostility towards her at all. Where as the Western Prince has. The Eastern Prince does have a bad and dangerous rep, but that only applies -maybe- if she's discovered. Getting his attention doesn't put her in danger automatically. The western prince wants her for separate reasons but regardless of why now. In short what the MC is reacting to is what she can -feel- from them. Her 'women's intuition' is telling her the eastern prince(blonde) is safer than the Western prince(black hair)

“Marie, you really are...A CAPABLE MAID” - love the placement of the title pages.

Omg, Marie, please protect my sweet little baby prince!

@RamenRider He has not tried to murder her for past few years, he's only sought to find her. You're assuming things based on his overwhelming dreadful appearance that was shown at the start. We're not sure that he really wanted to kill her, he would however exile or confine her away from society if need be to avoid riots and insurgency.

I don't know what kind of morals you're trying to apply to the story, but I can claim for sure the Western Emperor has more malicious intents to do with her(both the maid and the Princess sides of the coin) than the Crown Prince. Ergo he wants to use her to bring down said Crown Prince and the Eastern Empire altogether, while the other just wants to keep the peace and people happy without complications and civil war rising everywhere to destabilize his country. The reason the Crown Prince needs her is because he's disfavoured by his father the Emperor, to gain the edge to overthrow their bullshit.
It's not like it completely excuses the Crown Prince for his behaviour or intentions, but at least he's a more decent person than the other nefarious miscreant playing games in foreign country trying to wreck havoc to his own amusement regardless of consequences.

The Crown Prince has the negative side that he just assumes he's being targetted by his enemies straight away in this chapter when its most likely just an accident though. But it's still an acceptable line-of-thought given his circumstance and environment. When you're surrounded by enemies and the monarch of your archenemy nation suddenly shows up uninvited, it's easy to fall into that line of thought.

P.S. Stop calling the Western monarch a prince, he's the bloody Emperor of the Western Empire.
P.S.S. @mitsuki48 Kiel is a push-over and we don't even know the depths of his character or history so he's quite dubious of a choice. Consider he betrayed his best friend(Crown Prince) and his possible lover(Crown Prince's sister) for unknown reasons.

I don't know how people are still arguing about that one matter. The prince specifically stated that he will marry her to solidify his stand on the ruling of the empire (kind of an asshole move to be honest but politic) and in case she refuse, either kill her or make her disappear forever (whichever way ensure she doesn't appear before public as the princess) to avoid complication.

rip that kid. I'm guessing the kid, the 10th prince, accidentally (or intentionally?) set the fire because of how he felt about banquets.

I'm curious to see how long they'll drag out the relationship development! It makes sense both royals want to find Morina, but I'm guessing that blondie is gonna be the canon ship, but Marie getting along with Kiel/the Emperor will set back any development with the blond royal for a dozen chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread