A Capable Maid - Ch. 25

For the images i think the culprit is a small alien, probably trying to conquer earth

"Marie, you are...
A Capable Maid"

Gotta love how these lined up in this chapter 😆

Dex-chan lover
The poor prince, he was probably trying to do a magic trick and since the storage room is isolated he though it would be a good place to practice. I guess he brought in his own candle and while practicing accidentally dropped it lit which started it the fire.

Dex-chan lover
Did I miss something? Why is she more scared of the western prince when the eastern prince wants to brutally torture and murder her and has done so to the entire rest of her family?

Dex-chan lover
I think its the prince brat. Who accidentally made it...good job marrie now you've increased people who are interested in you. Well done

How in the world does she start saying it is definitely arson and then conclude it was an accidental fire? The planning of this chapter make it sound like she made everything up as she talked. Feel like there should be a panel where she suddenly noticed kid footprints as the two were threatening each other.

Dex-chan lover
@SourLem - Maybe the idea was that she had to lead with arson because that's what everyone was willing to accept before bridging to the option that had previously not been on the table - an accident cause by a completely different source than the maid's lamps? But I agree, even that thread isn't well set-up and your solution is the more logical based on the flow of the panels.

Dex-chan lover
@RamenRider because the aura he gives off probably. The Eastern prince has been very 'gentle' with how he looks at her till now. But the Western Prince is looking at her with a "I must have her" look right now, like she's something that he can just 'acquire'. It's pretty easy sense the difference in demeanor between them when they're standing right next to each other.

Because the Western Emperor is quite literally a conniving piece of shit, that wants to use her for his political purposes and self-satisfaction like how he'd use a toy to entertain himself, only that toy being an actual person.
The Crown Prince is actually drawn to her as a person because he's basically surrounded by enemies on all sides, even his best friend betrays him and his only sanctuary(his sister) is dead, so he wanted to have Marie(Princess Morina) to unite the people because of her character being described as saintly and possibly save him as well. She's been constantly displaying those traits all the time saving him(his soul in particular) and others from trouble.
For those who are going to bring up that he wanted to kill or torture her... You might want to consider this:
- A person accepted as a saintess by the people due to her deeds exists in the mind of the people, and said person is missing.
- That person later on appears.
- The current ruler is seen as a bloodthirsty evil Crown Prince, who wears a mask mind you, and has this imposing misunderstood, shut-in-himself strong aura of a tyrannical ruler. Therefore the favour shown to him is low, even if his deeds aren't evil his image is already claimed evil by the people because he brought forceful change to the status-quo.
- The Saintess rejects the ruler.
- The people now have a reason to stand behind the Saintess and oppose the ruler.
- Civil war breaks out. Many innocents die. All the blame is pointed toward the ruler(Crown Prince), his enemies increase, he probably gets taken out by being poisoned by his close aides looking to rise in power or other forms of betrayals. He dies. His vengeance and all reasons to take on the power himself, lost with him. The saintess gets forced to either marry someone to establish a new kingdom or gets taken by the West Empire. East Empire ceases to be shortly after. The people suffer, they all blame the former ruler, not seeing their stupidity and foolishness. Etc.

All in all, it would be a stupid ending to the country. He will lose his life, many people will die for nothing.
On the chance that he could stop this by taking her out early on, he as a Ruler of a country responsible for the lives of his people has to be ruthless and eliminate a possible threat to the future peace and prosperity. Blame him or whatever his decision is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread