A Capable Maid - Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
I wonder when she will realize that hiding her abilities puts her in a more dangerous position than showing off abilities that the princess never had in the first place. Cause she just makes herself look super shady constantly trying to hide stuff. But if she just has the excuse that as a maid for the king he doted on her and had her learn lots of skills everyone will just go "Oh well that makes sense"

Dex-chan lover
So... the prince is allowed to just take the emperor's things, just like that?

greyhud90 I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THAT. yes that's the last thing she needs to become 100% OP mc

hiding her abilities vs showing them ended up being a lose-lose scenario for poor Marie. at least she always tried to do what was right.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilithabeth
I am fairly certain the last thing she wants is to be close to him. Even if he turns i to this "sweatheart", she should still not like to be near him. He did personally kill most if not all of her entire family remember. Normal people do not find that attractive or being nice.

But I cant help but feel this story will be one of those, where that significant detail is not given the severity it deserves, and she will develope romanticly with him for some reason. Likely because he looks good, or because he cares about certain things, the usual bullshit reasons which make anyone want to be with the guy who destroyed their entire family.

@JavelinJoe

Author has been giving us small “reasons” on MCs flashbacks to justify the availability of the path you are talking about. Like how she was mistreated by her new family members when she was brought in to the palace. Probably later we will know more about her mother’s death from sickness and how it was all his fathers fault or something (just conjectures, but are over used tropes in this genre).

I find them kinda forced and superficial arguments tho, more like deus ex machina kind of thing instead of proper foreshadowing. So my money is on author using them to justify that route and calling it a day, hope I end up being totally wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread